Czisny question | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Czisny question

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't forget that Alissa Czisny and Jeremy Abbott are skating this weekend at the Challenge Cup in the Netherlands. Alissa's main competition at this event is Carolina Kostner; Jeremy's is Florent Amodio and Brian Joubert.

Videos of the performances will be posted at http://www.youtube.com/user/challengecup2012/ so we can get a idea of how well prepared Alissa and Jeremy are going into Worlds.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I would add only this. I dont know if you can see this at home, but a number of the ladies like Agnes have this color coordinated support bandage under their costumes to give support to their injuries. We dont really know how many are injured or what the extent of their injuries really are. The only thing we really know is that the pain of doing something physical, like jumping with an injury, will effect the quality of that act. It isnt like running on a bad leg with pain. I too think the whole idea of affecting "confidence" is kind of an odd point. If every time you tried to throw a cherry in the air and catch it with your mouth, I jabbed your hand with a fork, would your confidence be affected? Would you be disappointed that you could no longer catch the cherry cause your body wouldnt let you "fight through the pain", what ever that means? I watched Alissa practice and chill with her friends quite a bit at 4 Conts....she looks happy to me and that is all that counts....she is gonna do the best that she can do for herself and us...and she will be just fine. Didnt know about this Challenge Cup business but I wish her well there too. I would like to see three US ladies next year at London Ontario....

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alissa is in 2nd behind Kostner after the SP:

1 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 64.89 3t+2t, 3lo, 2a
2 Alissa CZISNY USA 59.82 3z↓-nc, 3lo, 2a

Alissa had an iffy landing on the 3lo so she couldn't add the combo there. Yikes! I hope she can do better at Worlds.