Adelina Sotnikova | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

DianaSelene

Medalist
She should go with the 3F-3T instead of the 3Lz-3Lo. This way, she would have a higher chance of getting positive GOEs when she does a clean combination. Good luck to her in the future. Interesting interview.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wonderful wonderful interview, thanks for posting it! :thumbsup:

I'm torn, Adelina captures my heart (same as Mao), and I wish them both all the best in the world, but being an American I too wish for success her in our American Ladies Singles Skaters, which has loooooooooong been a tradition for us dating back to Tenley Albright, when she won America's 1st Olympic Gold in 1956. :) And an American Lady has always captured an Olympic Medal since that time UNTIL recently; this past 2010 Olympics was the first time that we didn't. :cry: Not to mention Worlds, double cry. :cry: Therefore I'm hoping our ladies step up to the plate, at last, as Etta James sings. :love:

Still, I'm a figure skating fan first & foremost, and the "the heart wants what the heart wants"....

By the way, if I were Adelina I would go with the 3F/3T as opposed to anything with a 3R on the end, which she frequently underrotes. Jmho.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Interesting to hear she and Eliza basically get along/are friends. I was also struck by what she said about not listening to her coach about leaving some difficult elements out and trying to do them anyway-honesty I am not sure that is the best long term strategy. Perhaps she should listen to her coach. Either way I wish her well. She seems like a lovey person with a good head on her shoulders.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
She had to do 3Lz-3Toe for junior worlds in the SP last season and she underrotated that too. She is more comfortable with the Loop right now, it would seem.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I really like Adelina, she is a humble person :)
part of me is worried for her at Junior Worlds as she has been struggling a bit this season
I think she should go for 3F-3T, she is prone to underotations in her 3lz-3Lo, but she has been using that all season
we may see her do one of those combos for her SP in junior worlds.

good luck to her, I hope she has her full confidence back
I don't care if she wins again, I just want her to have her high spirit back.

Last edited: