Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TV coverage of 4CCs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskatingfan22 View Post
    Is there any possibility for European Skating fans to watch 4CCs?

So far I've only found coverage on

- Universal Sports

- IN

- ISU skating channel: http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...pay/index.html

But none of it works for me, because I'm blocked out on each of them. It's very annoying, because I'm actually willing to spend money on the coverage (regardless of the channel).

Eurosport isn't covering 4CCs. Is a Russian TV station, CCTV or a Japanese TV station covering it? Or do I have to wait until a kind soul puts it on youtube?
    Do you have a satellite dish facing south? I live in the UK and I have one. I can access Raisport 1 & 2, which broadcasts most of major international FS competitions, some live real time, others with a few hours' delay. For 4CC, they will show on Raisport 2 :
    10 Feb 22:20 - men's SP
    11 Feb 22:30 - pairs' SP, ladies' SP
    (presumably similar coverage the following week, the programme schedule is not yet on their website).
    I am a big fan of Raisport FS coverage. The fact that Italy has Caro and Berton/Hotarek helps, I guess.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    And they have Anna & Luca!! Who have fabulous programs this year.

And even Bacchini and Contesti are pretty good.

Tripping on the Podium
    In Canada, CBC is doing delayed coverage (blah).

Men and Women's FP Sunday 2/12 3:00-5:00PM (PST, but maybe the same across Canada? Check local listings)
    Pairs and Dance FP Monday 2/13 1:00AM-3:00AM and again Saturday 2/18 1:00PM-3:00PM

So... I'll be checking back here when the event starts in hopes of picking up a live feed

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    iriseyes, I know..it's the pits, but here's what I got from the CBC website today ( a teeny bit different than 2 days ago when they showed no streaming ) I'm a wetcoaster , so all times show PST..

cbcsports.ca.. Sun 12 Men's & Women's FP......11 AM , PST
    Wed 15..repeat........................ 9 PM , PST
    Sat 18 Pairs & Dance Free........ 1 PM , PST

CBC TV......... Sun 12 Men's and Women's FP.... 3 PM , PST
    Mon 13 Pairs & Dance Free.........12:30 AM , PST

Bold.................Nada

Custom Title
    Does anybody else find it extremely irritating that the ISU is streaming for free short track skating but is overcharging for the figure skating?

Custom Title
    What about Universal Sports on their TV channel?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Does anybody else find it extremely irritating that the ISU is streaming for free short track skating but is overcharging for the figure skating?
    That's pretty lousy. It's so hard to be a skating fan as it is, and the fan base is shrinking. What's the solution? Of course! Make it expensive and impossible to find TV coverage.

On the Ice
    In Ontario, Vision TV is showing the 4cc's on Feb 13th and 14th from 9pm to 11pm. Repeats of the CBC broadcasts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskatingfan22 View Post
    I searched the internet for the CCTV-5 TV schedule and google-translated the official site
    CCTV-5 stream:
    http://www.epctv.com/channels/CCTV-5...Watch-1172.htm

Custom Title
    It is more desirable to have CNTV stream than CCTV5 for this 4CC. I believe they are both included on SopCast. I had it on the other computer where I'm having a bit of problem accessing the hard drive it's on. I may have to download it on this computer if I don't resolve the problem in time.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post

thanx for stream, hope it works!

Banned
    thanks.
    I was planning on looking at CCTV too

Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    What about Universal Sports on their TV channel?
    IIRC, Universal Sports was offered to Comcast subscribers but then after the new year, they left Comcast and are now affiliated (not sure if that's the correct way to phrase it) with Dish Network. No Dish, No Universal Sports. I know this b/c I had a cable tech in my apt. shortly after the new year trying to figure out what happened to channel I was accustomed to getting Universal Sports on and after several hours of fooling around, we figured it out.

I can't get DISH in my apt bldg, so I am left with an ever greedy cable company that keeps Comcast out, but apparently they are not even with Comcast. ? So for people who bought into comcast, they could np longer see the skating? They must get Dish if they want to watch on TV? And Apt bldgs of any size don't allow it. Older folks who might pay have no avenues for TV. A lot of the TV audience is so shafted. Poor business decisions for little old FS.

Rinkside
    Universal Sports is on directv channel 625 in my area. You have to pay extra to view it though. I used to be able to get it with my antenna but they stopped broadcasting jan 1st. Its just so hard to watch figure skating now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast