Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TV coverage of 4CCs

Banned
    Sigh, no wonder Figure Skating is getting less and less popular. At this age and stage, we still have to go search around to see WHERE we can watch a very important competition. What a shame.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Sigh, no wonder Figure Skating is getting less and less popular. At this age and stage, we still have to go search around to see WHERE we can watch a very important competition. What a shame.
    But not too long ago, we only got to see what our national networks chose to show us. Then cable and many more channels became available. These days with the internet, we can watch just about any TV program in the world. It's a balance between popularity, specialty/niche, and accessibility. At least we can watch complete events if we are resourceful enough, in addition to what is shown on TV for public consumption.

Popularity of figure skating in some countries offsets its decline in others and offers us viewing opportunities.

Custom Title
    What about coverage of the Junior World Championships?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jatale View Post
    AT least ISU streams/Youtubes Junior events these days.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    IIRC, Universal Sports was offered to Comcast subscribers but then after the new year, they left Comcast and are now affiliated (not sure if that's the correct way to phrase it) with Dish Network. No Dish, No Universal Sports. I know this b/c I had a cable tech in my apt. shortly after the new year trying to figure out what happened to channel I was accustomed to getting Universal Sports on and after several hours of fooling around, we figured it out.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I thought there was something wrong with my TV or comcast subscription.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskatingfan22 View Post

Times converted into CET (Central European Time):

10 Feb 5.30 - 7.05 h Men SP
    11 Feb 5.30 - 7.05 h Men LP
    12 Feb 1.35 - 3 h Pairs SP
    12 Feb 7.55 - 9 h Ladies LP
    Ouch for CET, only ladies Lp looks possible to watch live..thanx anyway

Custom Title
    Men's starting order and time is up.

It looks like CCTV5 will start just in time to catch #20 Patrick Chan but miss out #19 Nan Song, as well as # 15 Jinlin Guan, and Rippon, Miner, J10 etc. They must do something about this, mustn't they?

I need to watch CNTV.

Custom Title
    Can you order Ice Network and watch live streaming of 4CC if you're in Canada? (sorry if this is a silly question, I have no clue and would love to watch as much as I can). TIA

Custom Title
    There is a report CCTV may not broadcast Men's SP. When I said they must do something about it, that was not what I had in mind.

CNTV should still have the full live coverage.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    There is a report CCTV may not broadcast Men's SP. When I said they must do something about it, that was not what I had in mind.

CNTV should still have the full live coverage.
    Wth?? As for CNTV, you will have to install some stuff to watch it. I didn't try. I'll watch Jsport, which is not available online. Can't say anything about how this works: http://sports.cntv.cn/live/index.shtml
    In case CCTV-5 sobers up: http://www.epctv.com/channels/CCTV-5...Watch-1172.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by jatale View Post
    No idea what ISU is going to youtube. But I think Belorussian TV and maybe Russian will show some stuff. Wait a little. The TV program is usually up a week before the event.

Banned
    Why CNTV (wherever it's from) could have live stream, meanwhile, CBC doesn't??????????????????????????????

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Can you order Ice Network and watch live streaming of 4CC if you're in Canada? (sorry if this is a silly question, I have no clue and would love to watch as much as I can). TIA
    No, because CBC holds the rights to it (both streaming and television) in Canada, so you'd be geoblocked.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    No, because CBC holds the rights to it (both streaming and television) in Canada, so you'd be geoblocked.
    Thanks so much for replying. Well this just sucks, I hate missing the SP :(
    Thanks CBC, lol *eyeroll*

Weren't there some Russian links last year that worked?

My local cable provider DirecTv gave me a turn yesterday. I woke up to find my Universal Sports channel was gone! It had been accidently cancelled along with another package we no longer want-but it's back in time for 4CCs! Can't wait! I've already programmed all the events.

Tripping on the Podium
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-vid...t/infotele.asx

Radio Canada is airing the ladies sp ungeoblocked right now, but I have no idea what other events will be aired

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast