TV coverage of 4CCs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

TV coverage of 4CCs

Does anybody else find it extremely irritating that the ISU is streaming for free short track skating but is overcharging for the figure skating?

That's pretty lousy. It's so hard to be a skating fan as it is, and the fan base is shrinking. What's the solution? Of course! Make it expensive and impossible to find TV coverage.

Skating Queen

Rinkside
Country
Canada
In Ontario, Vision TV is showing the 4cc's on Feb 13th and 14th from 9pm to 11pm. Repeats of the CBC broadcasts.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It is more desirable to have CNTV stream than CCTV5 for this 4CC. I believe they are both included on SopCast. I had it on the other computer where I'm having a bit of problem accessing the hard drive it's on. I may have to download it on this computer if I don't resolve the problem in time.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
What about Universal Sports on their TV channel?

IIRC, Universal Sports was offered to Comcast subscribers but then after the new year, they left Comcast and are now affiliated (not sure if that's the correct way to phrase it) with Dish Network. No Dish, No Universal Sports. I know this b/c I had a cable tech in my apt. shortly after the new year trying to figure out what happened to channel I was accustomed to getting Universal Sports on and after several hours of fooling around, we figured it out.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I can't get DISH in my apt bldg, so I am left with an ever greedy cable company that keeps Comcast out, but apparently they are not even with Comcast. ? So for people who bought into comcast, they could np longer see the skating? They must get Dish if they want to watch on TV? And Apt bldgs of any size don't allow it. Older folks who might pay have no avenues for TV. A lot of the TV audience is so shafted. Poor business decisions for little old FS.

skate357

Spectator
Universal Sports is on directv channel 625 in my area. You have to pay extra to view it though. I used to be able to get it with my antenna but they stopped broadcasting jan 1st. Its just so hard to watch figure skating now.

jettasian

Match Penalty
Sigh, no wonder Figure Skating is getting less and less popular. At this age and stage, we still have to go search around to see WHERE we can watch a very important competition. What a shame.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sigh, no wonder Figure Skating is getting less and less popular. At this age and stage, we still have to go search around to see WHERE we can watch a very important competition. What a shame.

But not too long ago, we only got to see what our national networks chose to show us. Then cable and many more channels became available. These days with the internet, we can watch just about any TV program in the world. It's a balance between popularity, specialty/niche, and accessibility. At least we can watch complete events if we are resourceful enough, in addition to what is shown on TV for public consumption.

Popularity of figure skating in some countries offsets its decline in others and offers us viewing opportunities.

brightphoton

Medalist
IIRC, Universal Sports was offered to Comcast subscribers but then after the new year, they left Comcast and are now affiliated (not sure if that's the correct way to phrase it) with Dish Network. No Dish, No Universal Sports. I know this b/c I had a cable tech in my apt. shortly after the new year trying to figure out what happened to channel I was accustomed to getting Universal Sports on and after several hours of fooling around, we figured it out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I thought there was something wrong with my TV or comcast subscription.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Men's starting order and time is up.

It looks like CCTV5 will start just in time to catch #20 Patrick Chan but miss out #19 Nan Song, as well as # 15 Jinlin Guan, and Rippon, Miner, J10 etc. They must do something about this, mustn't they?

I need to watch CNTV.

SGrand

Final Flight
Can you order Ice Network and watch live streaming of 4CC if you're in Canada? (sorry if this is a silly question, I have no clue and would love to watch as much as I can). TIA

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
There is a report CCTV may not broadcast Men's SP. When I said they must do something about it, that was not what I had in mind.

CNTV should still have the full live coverage.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
There is a report CCTV may not broadcast Men's SP. When I said they must do something about it, that was not what I had in mind.

CNTV should still have the full live coverage.
Wth?? As for CNTV, you will have to install some stuff to watch it. I didn't try. I'll watch Jsport, which is not available online. Can't say anything about how this works: http://sports.cntv.cn/live/index.shtml
In case CCTV-5 sobers up: www.epctv.com/channels/CCTV-5-Online-Watch-1172.htm
What about coverage of the Junior World Championships?
No idea what ISU is going to youtube. But I think Belorussian TV and maybe Russian will show some stuff. Wait a little. The TV program is usually up a week before the event.