Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TV Alert: Pandora Unforgettable Moments of Love on Ice - Ovation TV

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Ilia is still so good. He's so athletic.

I'm confused...are Ilia & Katia still married???? Anyhow, the youngest girl is getting big..I wished Daria was featured too.
    Last edited by Dee4707; 02-04-2012 at 05:36 PM.

why did katia skate a pairs with kurt? that is so odd given that Ilia is in the show and they do a family commercial. Ilia really is looking fuller. More mature. Liza is so cute, what a life they have. I guess Sergei's daughter is off at college. It would be nice to see Katia skate with her husband and daughter. Kurt pairing is strange given 'history.'

Custom Title
    I just saw Miki.

Kurt now.

The whole cast now.

Custom Title
    Is it my imagination, or is Katia even better now than she was? Her jumps seem more solid, and she did a bang-up spreadeagle, which I haven't seen her do since her days of amateur skating with Sergei. Her double axel was wonderful.

I don't know why Katia and Ilia don't seem to skate together ever. That one program they did together in about 2000 for Stars on Ice was so stupendous.

Great show.

Yeah she was great!

Custom Title
    Wasn't it fun? And Joannie was so good in that upbeat French number. Just a terrific assortment of skaters and moods, and Nancy and Kristi did a fine job as announcers.

I loved the ads also. Kurt's children are so dear, and Katia, Ilia, and Liza are adorable together. Isn't it ironic, though: Katia, one of the most beautiful women in the world, has two daughters, and each of them looks like her respective father instead of like Katia. (Of course, both Sergei and Ilia are exceedingly fine-looking themselves--well, Sergei was. May he rest in peace.)

Custom Title
    For a woman of around 40, Katya skated with great energy and sparkle, especially in her second solo number in the red dress! Kimmie looked fabulous, and she looks so healthy and happy! I thought Joannie looked especially pretty, and so did Miki Ando. The only element I didn't much care for was the live music. I'd much rather see an entire show with skaters performing to recorded music.

I also enjoyed the spots with the skaters' families and the visits to the hospitals. Tara Lipinski looked fabulous, and do you realize she will be 30 this June 10th? I am wondering if we will see her actually skate on future skating specials.

Finally, for Mathman - Are you there, Mathman? - I want to go back to a phrase which I myself proudly originated - GIMMIE KIMMIE!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I loved watching Sasha skate as I always have....she's just as exqisite as she's always been.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I loved watching Sasha skate as I always have....she's just as exqisite as she's always been.
    I think she's a better skater than she was when she was competing - better edges, more secure. She also looks better with more muscle and meat on her. She was too skinny when she competed. This is a better look for her all the way around.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think she's a better skater than she was when she was competing - better edges, more secure. She also looks better with more muscle and meat on her. She was too skinny when she competed. This is a better look for her all the way around.
    My friend and I were talking on the phone about this show, and she said that in the old days Sasha could have fit through the eye of a needle. I just loved that phrase and am still smiling over it. LIke you, I like the more solid Sasha and love that she's still enjoying skating. She still has that gorgeous straight back, too.

Custom Title
    FYI, this is airing again tonight on the Ovation Network, 8-10PM EST and again 10PM-midnight.

Also if anyone's interested, my photos from the show:
    Dress Rehearsal Photos
    Show Photos

Down With It
    thanks for sharing.

I did watch some of this show after the Nationals gala and actually, it was Ando that was the highlight for me. I never cared for her competitive skating but I saw a different side of her when I saw her live at Caesars. A bit surprising, but she seemed to have this quality about her that got your attention. I thought it would be lost on TV, and while some of it was, she still looked much better than any time I saw her compete.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast