Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lysacek and show skating?

What did Evan have as endorsements ever? I don't recall any. Katia Gordeeva was not evenn American and she and Daria had a "got milk."

Yes, I recall Scott saying he should skate at SA and the business of skating is of course, very different, but it seems like we never ever get a whole picture. FS seems like a club at time in the US rather than a serious federation making good judgenments. So he was supposed to skate, but apparently at last minute, the money issues prevented a deal. Then it was too late for him to sign on to shows. Well, it seems Evan does need some new reps. Is he practicing, anyone know? Does he want to compete? I hope he does, as he is a great competitor, if not the greatest skater, but darn good enough to do the big events and not choke. Beauty favors Rippon and Jeremy,(their skating, I mean) but so does inconsistency.

It does seem they should do their best to get together. Lysacek's famous work ethic and good health brought him to gold. This is a proven winner and I hope the behind the scenes federation stuff doesn't change his winning attitude. Given the current state of US men, I hope he comes back. Two years to get a consistent quad. The only skater presumably at Sochi with great confidence will be Evgeni.Everyone else we see now with the exception of Hanyu, will be battling age, injuries in many cases and lots of fear and nerves. Anyone else want to see Evan come back? What was his percentage of landed quad toes when he was doing this?

It does seem people are daunted by the "consistent" high numbers for Chan and maybe find reasons to avoid skating against him. I'd like to see Lysacek have one of 3 spots for USA if we get those 3 spots back. Even a second spot. It is interesting how many people were dying for MK to come back in 2010, including, it seemed for a bit MK, despite her not having a chance technically against the top women in the world in 2009. Evan I truly believe could be a podium threat for Sochi, and all I see are younger, maybe more talented skaters who are all chokers on the intl scene now. I think he made a mistake not skating and I hope it is not an totally unrealistic that a powerful Evan will come back.

If JWeir thinks he has a shot at the Sochi team, then Evan should have all the confidence in the world. Someone said USFSA is not at all enthralled with Evan anymore. Fact or fiction?
    Last edited by skateluvr; 02-07-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Evan show skates at Stockholm Ice.

Reigning Olympic Champion Evan Lysacek from USA and reigning World Champion Miki Ando from Japan are the big attractions at Stockholm Ice April 9th……

Also: Lambiel, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Volosozhar/Trankov, Cappelini/Lanotte, V. Helgesson, Team Surprise and others.
    Last edited by snowflake; 02-08-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Custom Title
    What a list! Is anyone from GS going?

Custom Title
    I think this show in Boston has not been mentioned, yet:

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=245222

Evan is a great show skater. Gives it his all. Skates with verve. Takes his performances seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr
    What did Evan have as endorsements ever?
    I never saw any print ads or television spots aimed at the general public. But various financial reports that I read estimated that Evan got about a million dollars worth of financial opportunities from his Olympic gold medal, and another million out of his silver medal on Dancing with the Stars. (I'm not sure exactly what the sources of all this money were.)

Back in the day the value of an Olympic gold medal by an American lady (not sure about a man) was pegged at about 15 million. Tara was said to have been disappointed that she didn't get nearly that much off hers. Times were already changing. Even Kristi didn't rake in Dorothy Hamill money.

Custom Title
    In wikipedia it list a few endorsements Evan got after he won worlds but nothing after the Olympics. One article I read thought he would fair okay in endorsements and other thought he would do well because of who he beat.

Tara had to compete with Michelle and Michelle was just way popular. Was there anyone else as popular competing against Dorothy at the time?
    Last edited by lavender; 02-08-2012 at 06:34 PM.

against Dorothy? Who remembers her...Doro was a doro-ble! Who else could you notice except Peggy Then cane the german meteor...IThe problem is no one remembers number 2 or 3 unless thhey stood out or had the 90's era career. I miss Dick Button, he taught us a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I think this show in Boston has not been mentioned, yet:

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=245222
    Evan , Miner and Donlan/Speroff will skate-it's more a ball. Gee Frank must be busy as that was his club and where Maribel taught him, I think.e

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2