Rudy Galindo, the early riser!! | Golden Skate

Rudy Galindo, the early riser!!

Kasey

Medalist
So, I'm in Safeway, where I'm buying some gift cards for Christmas gifts (no, not TO safeway, they have some general ones!), and still in my uniform from work, and as I'm staggering around a little, who do I see but Rudy Galindo and his sister Laura?!!!! :eek: Wow, what a wakeup call. So of course, I sneak into the checkout line right behind them, he turns around, and actually recognizes me from when I took care of him in the hospital one night after his first hip surgery! He said "Hi, how are you?" and asked how work was, with the flu season (busy and suckky). He looks GREAT, is walking and moving around GREAT, and said he's 99% sure he'll be doing COI again this year! YAYYYY Rudy!

Kasey, thinking that sometimes it doesn't suck to live in Reno! :D

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Thanks for the news, Kasey. It's wonderful to hear that Rudy is doing so well and is confident about his ability to get back on the ice. :)

Nan

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
Very cool brush with fame story, Kasey. And how cool of Rudy to remember you. It's great to hear he's feeling so well. What an inspiration!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeay for Rudy! :) Pro skating shows just arent the same without him

(and yes I really do mean that!)

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
lol - That reminds me of the time I got in line at the ATM machine and Pasha Grishuk was the person in line in front of me! :eek:

ladybug

On the Ice
Funny you should mention Rudy. I have been thinking about him for the past two days and wondering why we never hear about how he has been doing.

Thanks for the update. I adore his skating performances and I like his personality off ice as well.

This is great news :love: :love:

Ladybug

alhuncc

Rinkside
Thanks, Kasey, for a Reno's eye view of how well Rudy is doing! It adds credibility to what has been a remarkable recovery thus far. He skated some between the two surgeries and has been on the ice regularly since 3-4 weeks after the second one.

His web site news page is updated regularly as to his skating progress. There are some pictures there from over a month ago of Rudy and his physical therapist. His flexibility after both surgeries is amazing! He's probably in the best shape of his post-eligible career life. It looks like the COI Tour is indeed a certainty barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Best of all, he is skating pain-free for the first time since early 2002. I think Rudy is glad to live in Reno, too. His surgeon there, Dr. Eric Boyden, did a terrific job...twice. (There's a picture of one of the scars on the web site! Beautiful work!)

http://www.rudy-galindo.com/news.htm
http://www.rudy-galindo.com/newspics2.htm

Amanda

Thanks Kasey for the great news on Rudi. Revamping the hip is not an easy surgery but modern techniques may well have him back to at least skating in a show. Hope he forgets the triple combos. He doesn't need them. He has his own unique style to keep the fans happy.

Wonder how Yags is doing?

Joe