SENIOR ICE DANCE
FIN Karmi Olesia - Lindholm Max
FIN Lindholm Henna - Kanervo Ossi
SWE Malmberg Malin - Nordahl Thomas

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Anyone going?

Linnea Mellgren out due to injury and Viktoria Helgesson due to illness. Adrian Schultheiss not yet in good enough shape from his back operation. Why is Kiira out?

Fleur Maxwell is competing a lot, isn't she? Maybe she tries to qualify for Worlds. I don't know the minimum score. At Europeans she was 25th in SP, 37.06, so no LP. Lovely skating, but downgraded jumps and spins.

Event site. http://www.stll.fi/nordics2012/

Happy to see there are a bunch of novice boys giving hopes for the future of Nordic men's FS :)

Maycey

Rinkside
Not this time unfortunately.

But I'm sure it will be a good competition even if some of the top seniors are not taking part. I'm particularly happy to see ice dance back on the agenda. Too bad there is no broadcast :(

Maycey

Rinkside
Hey that's great news! Thanks for sharing. I hope that will work okay coz I'd really like to see the comp.
I was very happy to see the novice boys sp results :) Unfortunately very few boys figure skate in Norway and hopefully Sondre's good results may be an inspiration. Fingers crossed for the free.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yeah, that's great for Sondre. Hope he keeps up and gets followers. How old is he, 11/12? I guess the ages among the novice boys are about 10-14 years and that they have very different experiences. I don't know what the average marks are and what they have to do in short. Anyway, I'm still glad there are ten boys competing here.

Finnish dominance in Novice Girls. Big lead for 12 year old Liubov Efimenko. 44.34 seems like a very good score to me!

Senior men on now. http://www.stll.fi/nordics2012/

Maycey

Rinkside
I honestly don't know how old Sondre is, but he did win novice last year, so I'm guessing he's 13/14. The Finnish girls are so strong! And a novice score of 44.34 is very impressive! Wow... Should be an interesting weekend :) I'm so happy the webbTV thing is working!!!

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
I'll go to Nordics tomorrow. I was so disappointed when Kiira and V. Helgesson withdrew but it's interesting to see young new names. I like especially the style of Cecilia Törn. Beata Papp is very talented and I think she'll be strong skater when getting older. I wish Juulia Turkkila had more difficult jumps, luckily she has 3T-3T combination!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
hmmm… why is it that Finnish ladies are so strong? And now this young Efimenko!
Popular sport, many talents and good coaches?

Alexander Majorov nailed his first ratified quad toeloop in competition :clap: Though, with some mistakes he didn't reach his goal of 200 points.

Result senior men:
1Alexander MAJOROVSWE198.8511
2Justus STRIDDEN150.1122
3Julian LAGUSFIN141.2354
4Viktor ZUBIKFIN136.8093
5Matthias VERSLUISFIN136.4236
6Valtter VIRTANENFIN131.6775
7Slavik HAYRAPETYANARM128.1167
8Mathias ANDERSSONSWE127.7248
9Michael NEUMANSWE117.3689
10Girts JEKABSONSLAT94.881010

Kiira will be at the event today giving autographs. What's wrong with her? Hope she can compete at Worlds!

Ladies last group now on.

Maycey

Rinkside
Well done to all the medalists! The Finnish team must be very happy, 6 of 9 medals for the girls/ladies and 5/6 in junior/novice. I guess the rest of the Nordic countries have some work to do if we want to catch up... Good that the medals for the boys/men were a bit more spread out ;)
Congrats to Majorov on the quad, nice! And so close to 200, hope he feels inspired to complete that goal at Worlds. I also hope Kiira K. and Viktoria H. will be rested and ready to fight in Nice. Viktoria's free skate at Euros was a highlight for me in the Ladies competition for sure.