Which pair was America's best? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which pair was America's best?

meem

On the Ice
Thank you, Mathman! What a treat to see pairs skating as it was meant to be skated. Tai & Randy were the team that made me love pairs. I have to say, tho' that whenever I watch tapes of Tai and Randy, I'm reminded of what happened at the Olympics in 1980. Tai and Randy were almost the same height (which of course contributed to those beautiful lines & the true image of 2 skating as 1) and altho' Tai was a perfectly normal weight for her height, it had to be quite a strain on Randy to be lifting her over his head, day after day. I'm saving this video in my youtube "library"...will play it whenever I'm depressed after watching a few of today's pairs skaters ;>)

Tai and Randy! Tai and Randy! Tai and Randy! Two skating as one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63cmIfO-u6k

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, modern-day pairs skaters! :laugh:

tulosai

Record Breaker
(BTW, if they will ever expand their growing school to include elite pairs given their background). Kyoko and John took a while to gel, but the final result was quite good. They were also a fine pro team and still skate together in some shows.

I too am hoping they take on a pair or two in the next few years but I doubt they are OPPOSED to the idea- probably waiting to be approached by the right one(s).