Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan Interview with Maclean's

Rogue Leader

Patrick Chan Interview with Maclean's

Questions to the OP, what kind of paper is this interview in, who is the author, her background, and what exactly are compression pants?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Questions to the OP, what kind of paper is this interview in, who is the author, her background, and what exactly are compression pants?
    This article had a picture & some information about the compression pants: http://www.thestar.com/sports/articl...r-patrick-chan

I'm sorry, as a Canadian this is kind of You've never heard of Maclean's ?!!?!? Of course, as an American you probably haven't . It's like Time or Newsweek. I don't read it regularly so I can't say about the author ...

Interesting interview (so far ...). I wish people wouldn't go on about Kurt saying he was the best figure skater ever (and I think this is somewhat twisting what Kurt actually said, but I can't remember his exact words when it first came up...)
    Last edited by mmcdermott; 02-08-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Custom Title
    MacLean's is the top Canadian news magaine similar to Newsweek or Time in the US. I'm not familiar with this particular writer but suffice it to say that if they're writing for MacLeans, they have decent credentials. This is a highly respected publication.

MacLeans is owned by the publishing division of Rogers Communications who also own the Toronto Blue Jays, the Toronto Raptors, the Toronto Maple Leafs, Rogers Cable, Sportsnet (Canadian Cable Sports Channel) and the CITY chain of television stations.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcdermott View Post
    I wish people wouldn't go on about Kurt saying he was the best figure skater ever (and I think this is somewhat twisting what Kurt actually said, but I can't remember his exact words when it first came up...)
    I don't remember the exact words either, but if it was something along the lines that "Patrick could become the best skater ever," or "By the time Patrick's skating career is complete he might well be acknowledged as the best ever" -- I don't think there would be much to take exception to.

It is amazing how natural this young man come across in his interviews.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I have watched Patrick on and off the ice since he was 9 years old. He is a genuinely nice young man who is kind and considerate of those around him. No arrogance, no attitude, just fun-loving and honest. His parents have every reason to be proud, not just because he's World Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That's what go him into trouble!

On the Ice
    I heard Kurt say that Patrick was the best skater he (Kurt) had ever seen. That's different than saying Patrick is the best skater ever - though I can see how commentators would rephrase it.

^ Although...Kurt has seen a lot of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veravina View Post
    I heard Kurt say that Patrick was the best skater he (Kurt) had ever seen. That's different than saying Patrick is the best skater ever - though I can see how commentators would rephrase it.
    Does it matter? I mean, that's Kurt's opinion. To him, Patrick's the best, whether it's skater ever or best skater he had ever seen. Who are we to agree or disagree with him? PJ Kwon has her list. I'm sure many people have their lists. So what's the big deal?

^ Well, I would think it was a big deal if Kurt Browning had said I was the best skater he had ever seen.

Custom Title
    Especially considering that many people consider Kurt one of the best skaters of all time. He's definitely in my Top 2.

Banned
    To Patrick, yeah. But I was referring to the exact words that Kurt may have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Especially considering that many people consider Kurt one of the best skaters of all time. He's definitely in my Top 2.
    Well, Kurt can't said "I am the best skater of all time." Right?

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Great and informative interview. He confirmed my suspicions when he said he's been working extensively in modern dance. I did notice his movement and musicality becoming a lot more refined in the last few years. He is as blunt as ever when he says that he's now the one to beat. But it's only arrogance if you're wrong!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast