Canadians next season | Golden Skate

Canadians next season

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
You ARE really "from the sidelines", aren't you?!:laugh:

No disrespect of any sort from me. Just, in the middle of the season and right at the time of a major competition, this thread starts.:) I don't have enough knowledge to contribute in this thread, but would love to read anyone's inputs. Carry on!

Last edited:
My budget doesn't allow me to get to world's but if the place is right, I might be able to swing Canadians, just thought I would start saving now.

mmcdermott

On the Ice
But Worlds 2013 will be held in Canada. Tickets will be on sale February 10.

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/eve...s/2013isuworldfigureskatingchampionships.aspx

Does anyone know what generally happens with ticket packages like this? I see they just have all-event passes going on sale starting Friday. Will they have individual session passes available at a later date? I can't afford to get an all event pass, unfortunately (and probably wouldn't be able to get away for that long anyway ...), but I'm hoping to be able to get to something.

Sorry for the hijacking ;)

twizzgirl

Rinkside
Does anyone know what generally happens with ticket packages like this? I see they just have all-event passes going on sale starting Friday. Will they have individual session passes available at a later date? I can't afford to get an all event pass, unfortunately (and probably wouldn't be able to get away for that long anyway ...), but I'm hoping to be able to get to something.

Sorry for the hijacking ;)

Individual event tickets will be available in the fall or winter depending on the remaining seats.
http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...lobal-labatt&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

spikydurian

Medalist
But Worlds 2013 will be held in Canada. T

The French tried to snatch that from Canada with their compassionate offer of giving up Worlds 2012 to Japan. ;) But Skate Canada said "No thanks" and kept the pre-Olympic World Championships.

:thumbsup:Lucky Chan/VirtueMoir/Kevin/Jeremy??? fans!

jettasian

Match Penalty
Gosh...2013 is very tempting....but London....still a bit far from Toronto...dang, why do they always have events in tiny towns?? Come on, big city, big crowd, big money! Hello!

Dragonlady

Final Flight
Gosh...2013 is very tempting....but London....still a bit far from Toronto...dang, why do they always have events in tiny towns?? Come on, big city, big crowd, big money! Hello!

First off, London is hardly a "tiny town". The City itself has a population of over 350,000, and sits in the centre of South-Western Ontario and is an entertainment hub for people in the surrounding area. London has a thriving skating community and did an amazing job of hosting Canadians in 2006.

Facilities in Toronto like the Air Canada Centre are so prohibitively expensive to rent, that the ticket prices would double what's being charged in London, and the hotels are more expensive too. London is a far more affordable trip of most people than Toronto. Leafs and Raptors tickets are some of the most expensive in sports. Not to mention that booking the ACC for a week in March with both the Leaf and the Raptors tenants in that building, would be nearly impossible.

jettasian

Match Penalty
What about Rogers center? Or even somewhere in Mississauga or Scarborough, close enough to Toronto that people can go and see the skate without staying overnights. So I guess it depends on where you live. It's cheaper for a Torontonian to see skating in town or around GTA than London for sure. It will also attract more people.

seniorita

Record Breaker
all event ticket prices are over $1000. I'll stick to watching it on tv and maybe go to Canadians for $150.

Actually around 1300$? I saw it on fSu and thought why they are so expensive, they are double than Nice which is also quite expensive. But worlds 2010 & 2011 were nothing like that.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Actually around 1300$? I saw it on fSu and thought why they are so expensive, they are double than Nice which is also quite expensive. But worlds 2010 & 2011 were nothing like that.

I am also very disappointed by the prices. I had hoped to go but I can't afford that right now. I guess I will need to see what single tickets cost and then make a final decision. Oh well.

spikydurian

Medalist
1300? :jaw: They are making it expensive so that international fans from other continents will find flying to Nice to prohibitive to cheer their fans? :biggrin: Just kidding.

Canadians will be in Mississauga at the Hershey Centre according to the skate Canada website. Now to hear where challenge will be. Very excited about this news as flying in and out of Toronto is very convenient and the Hershey Centre is minutes from the airport. Lots of hotels in the area too.

PatC

Rinkside
Mississauga has had the challenge a few times, Regina held it last year. So, I'd think the volunteer base would be burnt out doing the challenge in Dec and then Cdns in Jan........I'd bet somewhere else. It's possible it might be Regina again, altho the challenge follows agribition so that would have been heavy going to get the facility ready, I'm not sure they'd do it 2 years in a row. Calgary maybe?