Practice reports | Golden Skate

Practice reports

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Matt Blackmer (US Pairs) twitters:

The Canadian men are throwing down the quads. 2 4Ts from chiddy and a 4S from Reynolds #4CC

Nice 3A's from Jeremy Ten #4CC

Watch out ladies and gentlemen! Nan song is here to throw it down. 4T+3T, 3A, 3Lz. #4CC

Mark Webster looking healed. Good 3Lz and flip. #4CC

Brendan Kerry with some good 3As #4CC

Consistent but two footed 3A's by Misha Ge #4CC

Lacoste landing some beautiful 3F's in practice. #4CC

Time for American men! #4CC

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
20120208 Daisuke Takahashi 到着&公開練習

(Mao and Dai arrived and practiced.)

Another forum reported that Dai did a beautiful 3A/3T but failed 4T.

SylviaUnseen (Sylvia):
#4CC US men will all skate in the 4th of 5 SP groups tomorrow @Adaripp 17, @RossMiner 18 & @RichardDornbush 22: ow.ly/1FQW6h
55minutes ago

LynnRutherford (Lynn Rutherford):
Mixed zone after men's practice: ARippon confirms quad Salchow try will be in his free skate here. #4CC
3 hours ago

DTakahashi may do quad toe in both programs, not decided yet. Says in the future to beat Chan he will need 2 quads&no mistakes in free #4cc
2 hours ago

RDornbush will not include quad toe in his FS here. U.S. team arrived 5-6 days before competition for "acclimatization" to Colo Spr #4cc
3 hours ago

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Skate Canada:

Meagan and Eric just chillin' after a great first practice in Colorado Springs #4CON12 yfrog.com/oeb3xznj

Paige and Rudi (and coach Patty Hole) just finished an exciting first practice in Colorado #4CON12 yfrog.com/odpzzdqj

@j3r3bear had a terrific first practice - great run through of LP and gorgeous 3As #4CC yfrog.com/ny1rlkmj

#4CC Strong practices for all three Canadian pair teams this morning. Solid run throughs and great looking elements.

@Pchiddy, @j3r3bear and Kevin Reynolds all flying in practice this morning. Quads from Kevin and Patrick, 3As & 3L 3T from Jeremy! #4CC

Results of Men's short program draw @Pchiddy will skate 20th of 28 skaters Kevin Reynolds will skate 23rd and @j3r3bear will skate 12th.

Does that mean Patrick and Kevin will skate in the 4th of 5 groups? With all the American Men?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It looks like the skaters are put put into 2 pools for the draw, first 3 and the last 2 groups. My bigger concern is that they will resurface the ice only once every 2 groups, putting the 2nd and 4th group into possible disadvantage or maybe even higher chances of fluke falls due to ruts.

Is it common practice to resurface after 10 or more skates?

eta. I think Mao said she would decide on her 3A depending on the practice.

Last edited:

jettasian

Match Penalty
Why don't they just resurface after every group's been skated. Yeah, it'd suck if someone falls because of the ice. And I actually don't like the fact that they allow people to throw stuff into the rink. I don't care if those little cute girls collecting them, there's always a possibility that some tiny things left on the surface.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
^^^That's why we often see skaters picking up stuff off the ice before they start their program.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Mao doesn't need the 3A to run away with the title.
I personally think she should go for it anyway. She needs to establish dominance now. Set herself up for Sochi.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Andrew_Dodds 9Andrew Dodds:
Watched Mao Asada practice at #4CC she is skating great! 3A is back with 3F+3L! So happy! #4CC2012 @icenetwork
3 minutes ago

Jeremy twitted yesterday:

j3r3bear (Jeremy Ten):
Watching Kanako Murakami's practice. & I am just in awe of her skating skills & speed. Wowsa. #4CC2012
7 Feb

Last edited:

jettasian

Match Penalty
^^^That's why we often see skaters picking up stuff off the ice before they start their program.

I know...but sometimes you will miss something. And the skater shouldn't be looking around stuff anyway. Their mind set should be getting ready for the skate. I think they should have a box somewhere that they can put the stuff.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I know...but sometimes you will miss something. And the skater shouldn't be looking around stuff anyway. Their mind set should be getting ready for the skate. I think they should have a box somewhere that they can put the stuff.

I meant they picked up little debris they happened to see when they came on the ice.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Andrew_Dodds 9Andrew Dodds:
Watched Mao Asada practice at #4CC she is skating great! 3A is back with 3F+3L! So happy! #4CC2012 @icenetwork
3 minutes ago

looks like Mao's practice is going well
good luck to her in the live competition :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Happy to hear about Murakami. She is such a delight!

More about Murakami from Andrew Dodds

Andrew_Dodds
Extremely impressed by Kanako Murakami in practice at #4CC #4CC2012 as well today! Her 3T+3T is so fast and covers so much ice!
18 minutes ago

MattBmer Matt Blackmer
@Eris_27 Yeah!! Haruka looks so strong!
35 minutes ago

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Awwww

Andrew Dodds' follow-up on Mao:

@ichigo_84 yes! She was so good! I am hoping she nails them in her program for worlds and 4cc

@ohh_n Yes, I didn't expect her to be so fast and jump so high in person! I am just disappointed my favorite skater Akiko Suzuki isn't here!

Last edited: