Practice reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Any reports on Wagner, Zawadski, Phaneuf, Najarro, Kexin Zhang for the ladies. Evora/Ladwig, Takahashi/Tran and Sui/Han for pairs?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So glad to hear that about Mao... she is a real little fighter and not someone to play it save - one of the many reasons I love her so much!
Keeping my fingers crossed for her for two clean programms :yes:

Really happy to hear about Murakami too - hope she can skate both her programms like she did her SP at nationals, their so beautiful... I'm still impressed how much she's grown since last season :)

Thanks SkateFiguring for all the updates!

EDIT:
If someones interested in a short training video of Mao...:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3jJTQ0qJVY

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Any reports on Wagner, Zawadski, Phaneuf, Najarro, Kexin Zhang for the ladies. Evora/Ladwig, Takahashi/Tran and Sui/Han for pairs?

No direct practice report but Phaneuf was happy with her first practice, and J10

Just bumped into @AshWagner2010 & had a gr8 mini catch-up. Her happy mood & smile is infectious. #4CC
18 hours ago

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Kevin Reynolds 2012 4CC 2/7 practice FS

eta. I think I hear Patrick and his coach in this video. ^^^

Mao, Murakami, and Takahashi

Timkoleto Tim Koleto
The ladies are looking great at #4CC #GOTeamUSA They definitely had their coffee this morning
23minutes ago

LynnRutherford Lynn Rutherford
Just caught Caroline Zhang's run-thru of free -- missed just one jump. Big double Axel at end. Looks very solid. #4CCh
14 minutes ago

Sitting up close, incredible how huge AZawadzki's jumps are. I think she completes her rotation a foot off the ground. #4CC
13 minutes ago

Last edited:
More about Murakami from Andrew Dodds

Andrew_Dodds
Extremely impressed by Kanako Murakami in practice at #4CC #4CC2012 as well today! Her 3T+3T is so fast and covers so much ice!
18 minutes ago

MattBmer Matt Blackmer
@Eris_27 Yeah!! Haruka looks so strong!
35 minutes ago
:thumbsup: I love Haruka too! Japanese ladies continue to shine!

Also great to hear Lynn Rutherford's closeup of Agnes's jumps. I would love, love, love for Agnes to medal here.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
misah_ misa
Mao did 3A twice and 3F-3lo in her practices at #4cc. What a lady. Great. Above all, so glad she looks cheerful. really good. ganbare Mao :)
24minutes ago

mskater93

Record Breaker
Regarding resurfacing: It's standard and customary for resurfacing to be every 10-12 skaters (depending on if warm up groups are 5 or 6 skaters long)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
If this article has been posted somewhere in this forum, I apologize that I didn't see it:

Takahashi Plays Down Chan Rivalry

"This is simply an opportunity to compete ahead of the world championships. I want to skate better than I did at the nationals and give myself a platform to build on for the worlds."

"This is my first time to compete in an event at high altitude. I am not sure how things will work out but I want to get lots of practice," said Takahashi, who will likely need to nail quads in both his short and free skate to stand a realistic chance of beating Chan.

"I have been told that (the altitude) makes it easy to put in quads as you can get height on your jumps but this is my first time so I don't know what will happen until I try."

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I've read that though it's probably not been linked here. I remember it as it was a new concept to me that one can jump higher at high altitude.

Haruka begs to differ.

japanskates Japanskates
(2/4)Aiko: Mao still has planned one 3A in both SP/FS, and 3F-3Lo in SP!!! #4CC
6 minutes ago

japanskates Japanskates
(3/4)Aiko: Kanako will have 3T-3T 3F in SP, 3Lo(one time) 3T-3T and 2A in FS as I tweeted. #4CC
7 minutes ago

japanskates Japanskates
(4/4)Aiko: Haruka feels problems with toe jumps(such as 3T-3T) due to the altitude there. #4CC
6 minutes ago

@chris61978 I did not see Ashley run-thru, the jumps she was practicing I did see, triple loop, triple flip, triple Salchow, looked strong.
3 hours ago

And this, :laugh:

Listening to the ladies' music as they practice, you can tell RFlatt is a trendsetter. East of Eden is the new Carmen. #4CCs
2 hours ago

MAsada tried a 3A in her FS runthru but popped it. I did not see her land a clean one in the practice. Murakami looked solid. #4CCs
2 hours ago

^^^ Mao indeed did land at least 2 3As, with video proof.

Presser: MAsada plans 3Axel in both programs&perhaps 3flip-3loop. Other Japanese ladies will do 3toe3toe. Details to come @icenetwork #4CCs
1 hour ago

On @icenetwork: Takahashi targets quads, transitions to beat Chan: tinyurl.com/6sl69sa #4CCs
1 hour ago

^^^ I posted about it in Men's LP thread.

Here's a short video of Mao's practice with 3A, from the long video l linked earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BizEYCkL87U

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
TMachida impressive in practice, clean run thru of short and also hit 4Toe outside of runthru. Really nice steps, high flying sit. #4CC
53 minutes ago

PChan fell on 4T in runthru and hand down on 3A, but did these jumps easily outside of runthru. As always Take Five steps brilliant. #4CC
52 minutes ago

japanskates Japanskates
(1/4)Aiko: SPに四回転を予定している男子の構成 quad jumpers SP Planned jump elements except for 3A: #19Nan SONG{4T-3T,3Lz} #20Patrick CHAN{4T-3T,3Lz} #4CC

japanskates Japanskates
(3/4)Aiko: SPに四回転を予定している男子の構成quad jumpers SP Planned jump elements except for 3A: #24Daisuke TAKAHASHI{4T-3T,3Lz} #26Denis TEN{4T,3F-3T}#4CC

japanskates Japanskates
(4/4)Aiko: SPに四回転を予定している男子の構成 quad jumpers SP Planned jump elements except for 3A: #27Takahito MURA{4T-3T,3Lz} #28 RAKIMGALIEV{4T,3F-3T}#4CC

So, it seems Song, Chan, Takahashi, and Mura will do identical jumps, while Ten and Rakimgaluev will do a different set of their own.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
elizabethdehoff Elizabeth DeHoff
Dube and Wolf looked tentative. Hope they leave all that hesitation on the practice ice! #4CC

Takahashi/Tran will skate their short in this practice, as will Sui/Han.

Sui/Han did huge quad twist. (not quoting twitter because of their ID error.)

japanskates Japanskates
Aiko: #21 TatsukiMACHIDA has planned 町田樹選手は{3A, 3F-3T, 3Lz}の予定構成です。#4CC

T/T have the most elegant presentation from head to toe, even in practice. #4CC

swandie27 swandie27
Zhangs and Wang practice short. Her left knee is bandaged. #4cc

^^^ Who are Zhangs and Wang?

swandie27 swandie27
TakaTran did some nice side by side spins just now. #4cc

swandie27 swandie27
Nice 3 jump combo from Sui and Han! #4cc

The Canton team didn't show. Is dinner break so early?

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Loved reading the reports, keep them coming! :)

My favorite(s) were about Mao & Agnes. :cool: Lol, I'm more excited to see the ladies then the men, a first for me, but then again that's because Zhenya isn't competing here nor Jeremy Abbott. Euros & Nationals was more exciting for me due to that fact. But to see Mao again with a 3axel, finally, gets my engine roaring, as well as to see America's fantastic jumper, Agnes, on the world stage (can't wait to see how she does)!!!! :love:

Now just waiting for a report about Denney & Coughlin. :yay:

3 HOURS TO GO!

icellist

On the Ice
from the practice youtube videos, mao's 3A looks < and her 3F-3L looks awfully similar to a 3F-2L. But if she says she'll do it, i'll be waiting intently for the ladies for her to prove me wrong. hope streaming links will be posted up

mary01

Final Flight
from the practice youtube videos, mao's 3A looks < and her 3F-3L looks awfully similar to a 3F-2L. But if she says she'll do it, i'll be waiting intently for the ladies for her to prove me wrong. hope streaming links will be posted up

for me the two 3A that she did in practice looked absolutely magnificent and completely fully rotated, her height was awesome and the fast rotation is so amazing to see, can't wait for the competition to begin and wish her all the best... can't believe that only one or two month ago her mother died, she really is unbelievable, wonder where she always gets the strength from!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This is what's said about Mao's 3A on Icenetwork report of Japanese Ladies press conference:

"After Japanese nationals, I have been trying to do triple Axel," she said. "I am willing to do it here at Four Continents.

"So far, my plan is to try to do triple Axel in both my short program and free skate ... My coach, Mr. Sato, is not against me trying the triple Axel here. I will also attempt the triple flip-triple loop."

Asada tried a triple Axel in a run-through of her free skate Thursday morning, but popped it. She came closer on other attempts, two-footing the landing of several.

For some, this event is the last and biggest of their season, a redeeming opportunity for some, and a skate-off for Worlds entry for others. But for a few, like Mao, it's time to try out aggressive moves ahead of World Championships. She has little to lose to put in the 3A here.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Andrew_Dodds Andrew Dodds
Mao & Kanako just hoped on for there practice #4CC

MHubbell & ZDonohue have their practice session to themselves; lots of space to run thru rumba sequences. Other teams took time off. #4CC