Practice reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
swandie27 swandie27
Patrick had sort of an up and down practice. Daisuke's practice was fine but not too much success on quad.

Next 2 refer to the same Chantelle Kerry of Australia

annmjensen Ann Jensen
chantelle a beauty. Nice voodoo daddy music

examinerskating Jackie Wong
Kerry - 3loop (fall), 3toe (ur? fall), 2axel

Kohpon - 2axel, 3sal, 2flip-2loop - wrap wrap wrap

Conservative skate from Kohpon, but clean - let's hope we get a bunch more of these clean programs today

annmjensen Ann Jensen
Too many costumes on Miss Lau. #lookinmirrorandtake4thingsoff

blazingblades Peter Murray
Skating to Blood Theme from TV show Dexter, Miss Lau must be portraying femme assassin!

icenetwork
Major props to Singapore's Brittany Lau for skating to music from the show "Dexter."

But then,

annmjensen Ann Jensen
@icenetwork no. This music is AWFUL. Don't care if show is good or not. Not melody. iCK

JunoConsult Alexandra Nelson
There are skaters from Thailand, Malaysia, and the Phillipines. Who knew?

Do the next 3 refer to the same music? :)

Take Five, Six, Seven, Eight ..

dapperderp jen
Ah balls, not another Take 5. I can't listen to this stupid song anymore.

annmjensen Ann Jensen
Love the look, love the music, love the bangs! #Zhaira!

skating102 Axels Loops & Spins
Zhaira Costiniano is adorable

Costiniano - 3lutz (<< 2ft), 3sal (sorta stepped out), 2axel (fall)

JunoConsult Alexandra Nelson
Axel from shoot-th-duck. No axel, no shoot-the-duck.

Not sure who:

Xanboni Xan Nelson
Gonna to complain abt this skater's lack of readiness for prime time, but not b4 I point out that I wish I cld skate 1% that well.

Ah. Questions answered.

swandie27 swandie27
Take Five is getting irritating but Zhaira Costiniano looked like she was having fun out there.

blazingblades Peter Murray
@examinerskating some very nice edge work. Enjoyed the ebb and flow Zhaira created.

Costume diss:

Xanboni Xan Nelson
I can see EXACTLY the iconography of pink swirls and a glove with the celtic music. It's perfect. /sarcasm.

I would've never thought "Irish dance" w/that costume.

Xanboni Xan Nelson
Ok, this is actually soem celtic take on Simple Gifts. I'm lost.

More digs on the costum

annmjensen Ann Jensen
Why a samba dress for Riverdance Reyna?? I like Riverdance.... Rough skate...

hotincleveland Truly S.
My opinion of #4CC so far: Skating has come a long way since the days when you could tell the bad skaters by who had the worst costumes.

Xanboni Xan Nelson
@annmjensen @examinerskating She got dressed in the dark.

swandie27 swandie27
So sick of Love You Like a Love Song! I have to hear it multiple times a day at work!

hotincleveland Truly S.
What #4CC has revealed to me is that the old days are gone. Today, even the bad skaters have absolutely lovely costumes. :thumbsup:

I forgot Tim David is manager of Team Philippine until he keeps posting pictures of adorable Zhaira Costiniano. Hi Tim. When are you gonna post again to update us on our favorite Philippine skaters?

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Thanks for all the updates, SF!

Looks like it turned into home ice disadvantage for Chan.:biggrin: If he goes to other places to compete, he'd have been prepared for the differences and new environment. This time, it was a surprise for Patrick that he didn't prepare. I think he should be better in LP.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, checked in here to see if there was anything about the pairs, in particular Denney & Coughlin, but nada. :(

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Darn, checked in here to see if there was anything about the pairs, in particular Denney & Coughlin, but nada. :(

I was with the real competition.

Thanks for all the updates, SF!

Looks like it turned into home ice disadvantage for Chan.:biggrin: If he goes to other places to compete, he'd have been prepared for the differences and new environment. This time, it was a surprise for Patrick that he didn't prepare. I think he should be better in LP.

Don't worry. Be happy. ;)