New Ashley Wagner Article | Golden Skate

New Ashley Wagner Article

Jtsmith12

On the Ice
There's a new Ashley article up on Icenetwork. My favourite part was when she was talking about how she's partly responsible for why the U.S women only have two spots and why she's the reason she didn't make the olympic team, was because there wasn't a spot for her. Even though she's already my favourite U.S lady, reading the article made me like her more than I already do :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ah, karma has a way, no?

Anyway, I also like that she was willing to admit that and take responsibility for it. She knows only too well that getting that 3rd spot back will make it MUCH easier for her next year.

krenseby

Final Flight
Ah, karma has a way, no?

Anyway, I also like that she was willing to admit that and take responsibility for it. She knows only too well that getting that 3rd spot back will make it MUCH easier for her next year.

How do you think having a 3rd spot will change the ladies competition at US Nationals? I mean, they are already hard workers and really trying to skate well.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
^^^^Increasing the number of entries from 2 to 3 means the chances of making the Worlds Team are increased by 50%.

R.D.

Record Breaker
How do you think having a 3rd spot will change the ladies competition at US Nationals? I mean, they are already hard workers and really trying to skate well.

Well, a third spot means one extra lady will get valuable Worlds/intl exposure in the pre-Olympic year. It's an opportunity for one extra lady to build some international cred before the Olympics. An additional spot also means slightly less pressure to skate well to maintain 3 spots since only the top two placements are counted (as opposed to there being absolutely no room for error).

skateluvr

Record Breaker
She could podium if perfect and a couple skaters really bomb the LP. Not hoping for bad, but I think she will handle the pressure better than Alissa. Perfect skate, Ashley! Go woman!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Ashley is on a roll to Worlds. She will podium and easily we will get back our third spot. And I hope for Alissa to skate well, if she can just relax. I don't seee Alissa on the podium unless she gets generous breaks as she may retire. I think they wish to reward Caro, Mao and Alissa the most for longevity, and I hope all skate their best. I am putting my money on Ashley Wagner to bring home bronze or silver from worlds. (But not all the money, lol!).

evangeline

Record Breaker
Ashley is on a roll to Worlds. She will podium and easily we will get back our third spot. And I hope for Alissa to skate well, if she can just relax. I don't seee Alissa on the podium unless she gets generous breaks as she may retire. I think they wish to reward Caro, Mao and Alissa the most for longevity, and I hope all skate their best. I am putting my money on Ashley Wagner to bring home bronze or silver from worlds. (But not all the money, lol!).

Don't count your chickens before they hatch......

R.D.

Record Breaker

Oh boy...skategods, you did NOT hear that!!