MEN - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

MEN - Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nicholas Fernandez from AUS fell on one of his jumps, but I'm not really paying attention, sorry.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
It actually wasn't a jump; I'm not even sure it was footwork. It looked like he just tripped to me, but then again I was not paying all that close attention either, lol!

ETA: Nevermind, I just watched it back. He fell trying to go into a spin, hehe. I feel kind of bad to laugh but it WAS kind of funny.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Alex Kam from KOR just skated and he was FAB! :rock :clap:

His skate to Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir" reminded me in a way of Kevin Reynolds fabulous skate to "Stairway to Heaven" & "Immigrant Song" mix the year of the Olympics. :cool:

Alex has beautiful high jumps for 16 yrs. of age and is definitely going places. :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So far so tragic....for the skaters and for us Canadian fans.

Ooops, not so tragic for the Korean.

No wonder, with Chan in his name. This is the Chan Dynasty, be they Patrick Chan, Dai-chan, Mao-chan, Alex Kang Chan Kam.........

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Harry Lee from Hong Kong did fine but I really didn't like the delicate music nor the lavender costume. Led Zeppelin is the one that gets my attention, lol. :biggrin:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah looking at the competitor's list, this is going to be a loong night...

And Harry slides into 3rd with Alex Kam still leading. :cool:

I'm pleasantly surprised by these early skaters. Agree about the young Kam from Korea. He has what can't be taught - amazing fluidity and grace, in addition to being able to fly!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Very sad, Kim from KOR just popped two jumps, and the very sparse crowd is trying to rowse him. :cool: He looks like he's only 12 yrs. old.

And he's skating to a real cool western song, one absolutely cannot go wrong when going with "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly". *double cool emoticon* :cool: :cool:

Bravo to Clint Eastwood, the King of Cool. ;)

His coach (who looks about 16 herself) looks as sad as he does. This was the first sad skate for me. Most of these guys are skating well with only one mistake. It reminds me of what a cruel sport this is (in spite of the kind audiences). So much talent and hard work, so little glory.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Okay that's it for the 1st group, with Alex Kam leading, now time for the 2nd group to warm-up. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol I'm trying to multi-task, feeding my Chihuahua, cleaning up, preparing dinner, getting off the phone with my cousin, aunt, sister, et al, and managing to follow my IN video screen as much as possible. :)

This reminds me of the Olympics, the first groups were not memorable except for Brian Joubert, Jeremy Abbott, my fav from Sweden (he skated to "Insane in the Membrane"), and maybe one other, but when the final elite group comes out there's absolutely nothing else like it. The difference between the last group versus the rest is immeasurable, the chasm is that deep.

Allright, there's Nan Song in the mix, I knew he was going to be a star when I first saw him at 2010 Skate America in that bright yellow shirt & black slacks. :cool:

One minute to go, then BAM!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Shih from TPE had lots of trouble, two falls on jumps, fall on footwork, totally off-center on his first spins, but his second set of spins were good. Just not his night. :cry:

Nadine

Record Breaker
BRAVO!!!! :cool: :yay:

I love this young man Luiz Manella from BRA, he skated to Patrick Chan's "Take Five" and did a superb job, cool & slick on ice, my fav tied almost with Alex Kam's program. :cool:

He looks very young but he too is definitely going places! :clap: