Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: MEN - Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think it only counts as a fall if his butt lands on the ice.
    Ah yes, Chan RULES.... yeah right!

Custom Title
    Machida hit all his jumps & sold his program, but imho he's nowhere near Daisuke Takahashi nor Kozuka, I find him a tad boring. Jmho.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Ah yes, Chan RULES.... yeah right!
    I'm just saying the rules.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I just realized (had an epiphany) how much Ross Miner reminds me of Patrick Chan; replace Patrick's head with Ross's and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. They have the same body build and skate alike imho, which is a huge compliment to Ross. Who knows, Ross just might turn out to be the top dog of the USA guys?

Back to Patrick, fall on the quad, the rest skated clean per usual.
    Nadine, please enjoy your Patrick, and leave Ross Miner alone. For god's sake! If you are Canadian, enjoy your Chan -- have your cake and eat it too. Leave U.S. skaters alone. Practically our 1-8 men or more are better or as good as the top in the World. We don't need your judgements. Ross is a fine and very consistent skater. He needs to improve his presentation, and I'm sure he will get there. Adam should have better PCS than Ross.

These judges were overly harsh on Adam and overly generous, per usual for Patrick.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 02-09-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Machida nails his SP. How many skaters can keep up with music that fast? He seems to love performing and competing. Commanding jumps. Audience loves him!

Custom Title
    If the balance of weight is off the blade and onto another supporting limb (hand, butt, etc), it can be considered a fall.

Custom Title
    And he didn't fall this time. It's another exaggeration quickly established.

Didn't I say there could be upset in the SP segment? My ESP told me he wouldn't be flawless at this comp, so I'll be happy if this is the major mistake.

Now the door is open for Dai.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 02-09-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Also, he fell in the SP at TEB and the GPF, and had two errors at SC (doubled the axel, hand down on the quad). A season best doesn't mean a perfect skate, just means it's better than the others :D
    Oh, I forgot all that, sorry. I assumed he did a perfect SP at some point.

Custom Title
    Nope, it's defined as a loss of control with the majority of the weight on something other than the blades. When a skater has hands down, sometimes the tech caller calls it a fall, sometimes they don't. depends on the panel.

http://gofigureskating.com/compete/scoring.html

I can't find the ISU place, but this site has pretty much the same definition:

For interpretation of this rule, a fall is defined as loss of control by a skater with the result that the majority of the skater’s own body weight is on the ice supported by any other part of the body other than the blades e.g. hand(s), knee(s), back, buttock(s) or any part of the arm.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Nadine, please enjoy your Patrick, and leave Ross Miner alone. For god's sake!

Tripping on the Podium
    Hi there

Does anyone know where to watch the SP online? I tried a Chinese feed but it doesn't work, they switched the programme to something else :-(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Oh, I forgot all that, sorry. I assumed he did a perfect SP at some point.
    Heh, no worries. I can't expect everyone to have all of Chan's skates memorized. Yet. <insert evil laughter>

His Nationals SP was clean and his score was high (100+), so you might be thinking that.

Custom Title
    It's too hard for a skater to keep perfect performances back to back. It's almost impossible for Patrick to skate Nationals, 4CC, and worlds all perfectly in a roll. So it's ok. I think it gave Patrick a better chance to peak at the worlds. Let's see if Takahashi could skate over 90.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    87.95. About right as it's reported he did the rest of the program really well and best of all.
    Actually, I thought he was pretty tight throughout his program, and he never soared through the footwork like I know he can. He himself seemed disappointed in his performance right after finishing.

Custom Title
    Sorry, but I just can't get into Ricky Dornbush, he reminds me too much of Timothy Goebel (without the quads) and hunch back. And I just noticed he fell on one of his jumps and maybe doubled another.

Still, I have no real complaint of him being sent here because imho the only real world class guy the USA has is Jeremy Abbott ~ huge chasm ~ then Adam Rippon, and to a lesser extent Ross Miner.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast