Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: MEN - Short Program

Oh Richard, :( 3Z-2T, 3A fall and 2F.

Banned
    So someone's Chan bashing has already begun even before the event ends eh? How pathetic. Really.

Custom Title
    Good for Michida. He was a dark horse for me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Oh Richard, :( 3Z-2T, 3A fall and 2F.
    I wonder what the USFS bigwigs are thinking now....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    It's too hard for a skater to keep perfect performances back to back. It's almost impossible for Patrick to skate Nationals, 4CC, and worlds all perfectly in a roll. So it's ok. I think it gave Patrick a better chance to peak at the worlds. Let's see if Takahashi could skate over 90.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    If the balance of weight is off the blade and onto another supporting limb (hand, butt, etc), it can be considered a fall.
    Which it was, right?

Oh dear, Ricky...

It was all very nice, apart from the jumps. He looked spooked from the get-go. A shame.

Custom Title
    Poor Ricky. He needed a redemption.

Banned
    So now that Dai has the advantage to know how Chan has skated. Will he go for the quad, or play it safe and do the triples...

Custom Title
    Well I'm hoping Evan Lysacek has been watching and comes back blazing next year! He's the only American man that we have that's consistent and is a pretty good all-around skater. Here's hoping Evan & the USFSA has worked out all the legal issues and allows him back with open arms next Fall.

The judges seem to like Richard somewhat. While he's way down there in TES (10th as of right now) he was 5th in PCS.

Custom Title
    The horrible Nationals SP plus the short notice he had about competing here may have just been too much for Dornbush. I wouldn't be surprised if he was kind of lacking confidence here.

Tripping on the Podium
    Dai doesn't play safe, he never does. He skates the way he likes to skate on a particular day ... he doesn't know for sure what he will do before he goes on the ice ... but I'm sure he'll show us a nice performance :-))

Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    The horrible Nationals SP plus the short notice he had about competing here may have just been too much for Dornbush. I wouldn't be surprised if he was kind of lacking confidence here.
    And surely, he probably felt some pressure because he knew there was some leapfrogging to get him to the competition.
    I admire Dornbush but I think the USFSA probably should have not sent him. I got the feeling that Richard was ready to regroup for next season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudrun View Post
    Dai doesn't play safe, he never does. He skates the way he likes to skate on a particular day ... he doesn't know for sure what he will do before he goes on the ice ... but I'm sure he'll show us a nice performance :-))
    Yep, I heard that the 4-3 Daisuke did at Japanese Nats was sort of decided on the fly as well...apparently even his coach didn't know that he was going to go for the 4-3.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Go Kevin Go Go!!!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast