MEN - Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

MEN - Short Program

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm guessing that Daisuke probably received a < call somewhere? Plus that deduction for the fall, of course.

Yet another fall on a quad. But what a beautiful skater. I understand he's skating with an injury per a tweet on IN.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Hey, I agree with you here, Nadine, re Daisuke. Alas, the judges don't! Wow, 5-point difference between Dai and Patrick. FS sure loves them some Patrick Chan over any and everybody else, no matter how PChid skates.

Why the complaint when Patrick didn't fall while Dai fell and URed and won over a bunch of clean skaters and also received :bow::bow::bow:from fans?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Cool that Denis Ten went for the quad! Sad that he fell. It looks rotated though --it just seems that he slipped on the edge coming out of it.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Machida's TES (43.88) and Miner's TES (41.68) were higher than Takahashi's (41.64).:eek:

Yeah. I am thinking that Dai's combo got downgraded.

IMO both Dai and Patrick were a little off tonight. Enjoyed both of their skates but they were not up to their usual brilliance.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
We have to wait for the protocol to see how many quads are credited to compare with Euro.

Yey D10! 4th!

He has 3rd highest TES after Chan and Machida. Did Machida do a quad?

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Seems the two Japanese men not named Daisuke BROUGHT it tonight! Mura got the only 4-3 combo tonight!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh Wow, Daisuke's going to have a hard time fighting off this younger guys like Mura, whom are biting on his heels ready to take over that top position.

Here's hoping & praying that Daisuke makes it to the Sochi Olympics; his PCS should always imho place him over not only the guys in Japan, but everywhere else as well (except for Jeremy Abbott; tied there). ;) :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omg, I was right, already one of the younger guys overtakes Daisuke.

COME BACK FIGHTING IN THE FS, DAI!!!! :love :love: :love: :love:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Song will definitely move up a few places in LP if he keeps his technical brilliance he showed in GP series.

Wow, wow! Mura!:eek: Who are those young Japanese?! Wasn't Japanese field deep enough already?!

However, I think Chan and Takahashi will bring their A games and overcome this SP setbacks.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So with Mura's placement, Adam gets bumped to the second group. :( Those two Japanese skaters (and Ten) were total dark horses tonight.
This music right now doesn't do much for me...