MEN - Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

MEN - Short Program

seniorita

Record Breaker
Right, cause if everybody here was writing ONLY what is universal truth...:rolleye:

And it is Newton's opinion, not mine.

wallylutz

Medalist
Presentation - Interpretation

It is first Daisuke and some km further the rest...

For the sake of argument, what you said is absolutely true. What about the other criteria of the presentation score, which there 4 other equivalent in weight to Interpretation? Should we ignore them in favor of Interpretation?

skatinginbc

Medalist
I listened to him and I'm speechless at his cluelessness....he called the PCS "presentation" marks, clearly as the deciding factor for the win. He obviously still lives in the 6.0 era....
Universal Sports break down the scores as such: Technical Elements, Presentation Score, Deductions, and Short Program. It is a decision made in advance and likely through a discussion among commentators, a decision of dumbing down to the level of the casual viewers. So calling PCS "presentation" mark does not prove his (Peter Carruthers?) failure to adapt to the new CoP era.

wallylutz

Medalist
Universal Sports break down the scores as such: Technical Elements, Presentation Score, Deductions, and Short Program. It is a decision made in advance and likely through a discussion among commentators, a decision of dumbing down to the level of the casual viewers. So calling PCS "presentation" mark does not prove his (Peter Carruthers?) failure to adapt to the new CoP era.

It is not incorrect to call the 2nd mark, "Presentation score". That said, Peter could have given a more elaborate commentary to support his position and educate his audience at the same time, which he failed to do and instead, found himself speechless because he got it so wrong at the end.

So Daisuke is in second place? That gives him a good chance. Did someone say he looks very strong? My fingers are crossed!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
So Daisuke is in second place? That gives him a good chance. Did someone say he looks very strong? My fingers are crossed!
I think he's third. I hope he'll be first when it's all said and done; anyone who can make me sit through Blues for Klook and even like it deserves respect :D

Google Translation: "Anyone who disagrees with me, seniorita, = wrong and biased, especially if they dare to criticize mon prince charmant!"
I considered ignoring this, but it needs to be addressed.

Seniorita is quite possibly the nicest person I have met in my years as a skating fan. She is super-friendly to other fans and open-minded about skaters who aren't her favorites, and doesn't expect everyone to like her favorites; I know this from personal experience. If you can't get along with her, I suggest you look to your own behavior and the language you use. Or utilize the ignore button for everyone who doesn't agree with everything you write.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
1. All the judges gave Chan a -3 for that quad. Clearly, they thought it was a fall. Yes, I'm aware that you can get -3 without a fall, but to get straight -3s without a fall is unheard of. Hell, Chan doesn't always get straight -3s even when he does fall. I think he deserved the -1 fall deduction. I've seen lighter slips nailed, and to not nail Chan definitely will add fuel to the fire for the ABC brigade.

2. I don't think he was that tight, seniorita, but I definitely think he was lesser than he's been with the rest of the elements. Less playful during the footwork, I felt.

3. IMO, Dai's PCS > Chan's PCS at this competition. Not hugely, necessarily - the technical side of PCS tends to favour Chan and Chan's TES should be ahead of Dai's so Chan should be ahead anyway - but I felt that Dai ticked the PCS boxes better than Chan here.

ciocio

On the Ice
Seniorita is quite possibly the nicest person I have met in my years as a skating fan. She is super-friendly to other fans and open-minded about skaters who aren't her favorites, and doesn't expect everyone to like her favorites; I know this from personal experience. If you can't get along with her, I suggest you look to your own behavior and the language you use. Or utilize the ignore button for everyone who doesn't agree with everything you write.

Don´t be upset, Seniorita is smart enough to ignore wallylutz comments, everybody knows his/her behaviour towards skater he/she dislikes and people who don´t share his/her opinions.

skatinginbc

Medalist
anyone who can make me sit through Blues for Klook and even like it deserves respect
That's a good way to say it. :thumbsup:
Thank you, Buttercup, for standing up for Seniorita. I love you both.

hurrah

Medalist
Patrick Chan DID fall. He did! I can't believe the point has to even be argued! Corrupt judging!

glam

On the Ice
I guess the gap between Chan and Takahashi is already so big that Chan is going to win this.:disapp:

skatinginbc

Medalist
Patrick Chan DID fall. He did! I can't believe the point has to even be argued! Corrupt judging!
To me, he fell. But I would not go so far as to claim it corrupt judging. It was not a clear-cut butt-on-ice fall, and so I can accept a certain degree of subjectivity. But again, I would call it a fall if I were a judge. Anyway, Valentine's Day is coming. Perhaps the technical panel is in a love fest just as I am in a loving mood.:biggrin:

questar

Rinkside
Dai's combo didn't get downgrade or UR.
I can't believe it.
corrupt judging!

Last edited:

jettasian

Match Penalty
I was hoping Daisuke and Chan would be closer but I understand the difference if Daisuke UR the 4T, plus the fall. The scores overall are a bit inflated compared to Euros SP. I hope the men will bring their A game in the LP. just like in the GPF.

I thought the judges were stingy. Chan and Dai's gap should have been wider. Chan skated everything very well except the touch down. Meanwhile, Dai's quad was UR, and also on his butt.

questar

Rinkside
slightly? the second jump looks definitely downgrade or underrotated.

and He did wrong-edge jumps; flutz but didn't get wrong edge.

Last edited:

jettasian

Match Penalty
slightly? the second jump looks definitely downgrade or underrotated.

It's funny that the people who kept saying Chan's 4 falls, 6 falls or 10 falls, still believe he falls when the judges didn't think so. LOL

What should we do with all these corrupted judges!!!