MEN - Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

MEN - Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG was that a 4/3 he did at the beginning? Too bad after that he let it get away from him with the fall on the simple backwards stroking and then eh. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yes it was! :clap: Gorgeous, he definitely has a lot to work with besides good looks he has flow, beautiful lines, and nice jumps when completed. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love the powerful Beatles music Jeremy Ten used, just too bad about the huge stepouts on his first two jumps, but everything was pretty good. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
So 3F/3T from the young 17 yr. old Brendan Kerry of Australia, lol he made it look so easy I thought it was a 4/3, but still the 3/3 was gorgeous. :cool:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
still no free streaming links? D:

I don't know what keeps CBC from streaming live or at least broadcast sooner this time. Always complications with American rights.

J10 had sloppy jumps but I assume he skated well. Right?

61.37 into first for now. Not bad for 1st international event in almost 2 years with all the injuries.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
GREAT JOB from Christopher Caluza of the Phillipines, wow you should've seen his face when he did the 3/3 (what a moment!) and he was so overjoyed he almost fell on his footwork, lol, but all his jumps were great, including the 3A and 3R. :cool: And the music & costume to "Tango Assassins" was right on the mark. :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Into 2nd and he seemed disappointed, I don't blame him, but he needs more rep points. :(

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Into 2nd and he seemed disappointed, I don't blame him, but he needs more rep points. :(

Well he did a 2A, even if with a spread eagle entry.

I feel J10 is underscored in PCS which is slightly lower then his TES with sloppy jumps. I know he can skate beautifully.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm not really into Mark Webster of AUS program, rather am musing about the fireball (how apt, Spun Silver, ITA) Christopher Caluza's program. I felt like telling him "don't worry, little one, don't worry, it will come in time, you just need more international exposure & experience", but if he keeps skating like this he should definitely move up in the standings. :love:

Btw, I remembered the name of the USA girl that was trying the 3A at Nationals just a few years ago ~ Bulanghai ~ but can't recall her first name? :confused: Both she & that one girl in pairs will be representing the Phillipines either this year or next IIRC.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Are you sure it was a 2A? I thought so too, but then on replay it looked like a 3A? Anyone know for sure? :confused:

Art&Sport

Medalist
No way -- Caluzza should be at least in front of JTen. Have to chalk that up to Philippines not having anywhere near as strong a federation as Canada. Unbelievable, but also unsurprising.

Gosh, why do skaters pick Sherlock Holmes music after RDornbush skated to it so definitively last season -- so far no one has done that program music better. Be inspired, yes, but choose different music, or at least do it better -- otherwise, why bother?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Guan of CHN did a nice job, but I can't get over all the spiders crawling all over his costume. :biggrin: And I know for sure he only did a 2A, but everything else was fine. :)

jaylee

Medalist
Btw, I remembered the name of the USA girl that was trying the 3A at Nationals just a few years ago ~ Bulanghai ~ but can't recall her first name? :confused: Both she & that one girl in pairs will be representing the Phillipines either this year or next IIRC.

Actually, both Melissa Bulanhagui and Christopher Caluza are representing the Phillippines this year, but previously competed at US Nationals.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks, jaylee, I *do* remember Melissa Bulanhagui b/c I was following her trajectory with the 3A and was hoping she would succeed with it at Nationals. But I don't recall Christopher Caluza at all. Both will be missed, and I wish them good luck. :) As well as that girl that will be presenting the Philliipines with her parnter next year in pairs. :)

Ice Musings says 2A.

I honestly didn't understand J10's high score. The jumps were iffy and he didn't sell it.

I had to go let my husband in (locked him out accidentally) so missed Juan but man, he out-Weirs Johnny. And the hair on the men this year is so stylish. It's Johnny's and Dai's influence.

Art&Sport

Medalist
... Christopher Caluza's program. I felt like telling him "don't worry, little one, don't worry, it will come in time, you just need more international exposure & experience", but if he keeps skating like this he should definitely move up in the standings. :love:

Nice sentiment, Nadine, and I see you mean it sincerely, but it sounds a little bit patronizing too, especially in the way of your phrasing. I would have to say, "Great skate, Christopher Caluzza! You deserved better in the scoring, but be proud and remember all you can do is keep improving and doing your best out there, and learning. You can't control what the judges do, but if you concentrate on yourself and always do your best, the better marks will come. But don't ever let what the judges decide get you down."

Last edited: