Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: MEN - Short Program

Custom Title
    Guan of CHN did a nice job, but I can't get over all the spiders crawling all over his costume. And I know for sure he only did a 2A, but everything else was fine.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Btw, I remembered the name of the USA girl that was trying the 3A at Nationals just a few years ago ~ Bulanghai ~ but can't recall her first name? Both she & that one girl in pairs will be representing the Phillipines either this year or next IIRC.
    Actually, both Melissa Bulanhagui and Christopher Caluza are representing the Phillippines this year, but previously competed at US Nationals.

Custom Title
    Thanks, jaylee, I *do* remember Melissa Bulanhagui b/c I was following her trajectory with the 3A and was hoping she would succeed with it at Nationals. But I don't recall Christopher Caluza at all. Both will be missed, and I wish them good luck. As well as that girl that will be presenting the Philliipines with her parnter next year in pairs.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Ice Musings says 2A.

I honestly didn't understand J10's high score. The jumps were iffy and he didn't sell it.

I had to go let my husband in (locked him out accidentally) so missed Juan but man, he out-Weirs Johnny. And the hair on the men this year is so stylish. It's Johnny's and Dai's influence.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    ... Christopher Caluza's program. I felt like telling him "don't worry, little one, don't worry, it will come in time, you just need more international exposure & experience", but if he keeps skating like this he should definitely move up in the standings.

Nice sentiment, Nadine, and I see you mean it sincerely, but it sounds a little bit patronizing too, especially in the way of your phrasing. I would have to say, "Great skate, Christopher Caluzza! You deserved better in the scoring, but be proud and remember all you can do is keep improving and doing your best out there, and learning. You can't control what the judges do, but if you concentrate on yourself and always do your best, the better marks will come. But don't ever let what the judges decide get you down."
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 02-09-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Custom Title
    Guan's marks are slow. He impressed some people but only 2A.

Wow. 66.36 into 1st. Similar PCS as J10 but 5 points higher in TES. I wonder if J10 got UR.

Custom Title
    Shades of Johnny Weir all over the place, literally and figuratively.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Speaking of Johnny...!

Misha Ge's Swan was breathtaking. Now there is artistry. We may not see anything that beautiful the whole rest of the night. Beautiful 3-3 too and a gorgeous broken-leg spin.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 02-09-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Custom Title
    Ah, Misha Ge is skating to Johnny Weir's "White Swan" complete with comparable costume. And except for the trouble on the 3A, everything else superb, though my 'puter conked out there during the 2nd half. :(

Will be interesting to see his marks??? He skates with a lot of emotion.

Custom Title
    2nd place, if he had hit the 3A with a bobble most likely 1st, good learning experience for Misha Ge.

And there's the 4th group with Adam Rippon leading.

Custom Title
    I'm disappoinnted Misha channeled Johnny because he has so much style of his own. He's not technically strong though.

64.49 into 2nd.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Ice Musings says 2A.
    Thanks, Spun Silver, that's what I thought when I saw it in real time, but then the replay confused me, but I have to admit I was distracted as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Actually, both Melissa Bulanhagui and Christopher Caluza are representing the Phillippines this year, but previously competed at US Nationals.
    Bautista and Harris competed in senior pairs and will represent PHI next season. Also, Powers/Powers, a junior team that used to compete for the US competed at PHI nationals.

Banned
    Misha GE in front of J10??? Wow, I guess Canada Federation's not as strong as UZB...

Rinkside
    I like Misha's short program

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast