Earthquake | Golden Skate

Earthquake

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
A magnitude 6.5 earthquake hit the central California coast today. This earthquake was felt all the way to San Francisco and back down to Los Angeles. It was centered in a town called Cambria.

I'm glad I'm down here in San Diego and not in San Luis Obispo! I'm suppose to go on a trip up there, but I don't know......aftershocks can last a long time.

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I guess we felt it here in Costa Mesa. I was talking my a friend on the phone. She said we just had an earthquake. I felt nothing then she said look at your chandelier and sure enough it was swinging. I guess this old house we moved into is pretty sturdy.
Daniel and Little Lulu

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Wow Daniel you felt it all the way in Orange County! The past seven years that I was living up there I always hoped that there wouldn't be a big earthquake because my husband worked in a really old building that was not earthquake proof. I hated that building because I always thought it wouldn't last through a earthquake, lets hope it did.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Nothing here in the Central Valley........of course, I just spent over three hours at the movies so.............:sheesh: 42

sk8er1964

On the Ice
When I lived in San Diego, we had an minor earthquake. At the time, I was visiting a friend who lived in a two floor condo. We felt the earthquake upstairs (and it was a really weird feeling), but the guys downstairs didn't feel a thing. We had an earthquake here in Michigan a few years ago that I felt in my second floor office and nobody on the ground floor felt.

Hope you are all ok out there in CA!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I heard about it on the news! We had an earthquake a couple of years ago and I felt it while at work! What a strange feeling! I felt as though I was on a moving sidewalk. Glad it was only minor. We live in an earthquake zone here too on the West Coast. Actually Vancouver Island is the worst - it would be gone if there ever was a bad one. Perish the thought!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I really feel for those people, because I know what they are going through and I know what awaits them. I lived in Northridge in '94 (luckily for me, I was in San Diego for the weekend), but the aftermath and months and years of rebuilding are just horrible. That's one of the main reasons I left L.A.

Last edited: