Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

seniorita

Record Breaker
I cant watch and comment in my small player, but for anyone who said camera is weird in men's thread, it is true.
I m thrilled for Mao, and concidering her season this is a heroic skate!

Is it the party of East of Eden? Cause I saw two skaters skating to it, or did I see the same one twice..?

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Qiuying Zzzzzzzzzhu. Such painfully slow skating. Her coach needs to put some live bears on the ice with her during training.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Qiuying ZHU (CHN)

Music: Pas de Deux from Nutcracker by Petr I. Tchaikovski

She placed 14th last year

3F - fall, looked << in replay
2T
2A
FCSp
SlSt - a bit slow
CCoSp
LSp

Score: 36.43, new PB and into 7th

evangeline

Record Breaker
Oh My, "Swan Lake" fits this young lady's style of skating, but I kept imagining what Alissa Czisny could do to this piece of music.... :love:

It's actually the Pas de Deux from the Nutcracker. But I too thought it was going to be Swan Lake from Zhu's feathery white dress...

I agree with Spun Silver about Mao's SP. It looks very "put on" and that version of Schez is TERRIBLE.

Last edited:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
She did great apart from the 3A but these days I always feel like I'm watching the artificial nightingale with Mao. Her smile, like the Egyptian arms, seems added on. I think I just don't like this program. The second position in her layback is really ugly. Why???

Mao's performance did seem a little muted here...quite reserved expression-wise. But I think the smiles (especially at the end of the program) are very genuine. It seems she's building herself back up again slowly but surely :) There is also something to be said about all she's been through lately...the fact that she can even focus enough to land jumps is beyond me.

I've always loved her really unique layback positions. The angle of her leg and back are extremely difficult to hold, and I'm not sure if many ladies competing could do that let alone with their hands behind their back.

lise

On the Ice
i disagree;if Cynthia skates decently, she can beat Amelie solidly on PCS. Amelie left the door wide open and honestly, not doing the lutz again, will be a major concern for SC.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Music: Pollock by Jeff Beal

3F+3T - a bit tight on landing, perhaps small 2foot on 3T
3Lo
2A
CCoSp
LSp
SlSt
FSSp

Score: 64.07, new PB and into 2nd

Hey, she went for the 3-3 (UR perhaps?) and it didn't hurt the rest of her program at all! Skated like a champ. Way to go!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Something really cool has happened for me: I am no longer afraid or anxious at all when I watch Wagner do her SP. Even in the combo when I saw what was happening I was just like yeah, she's got this ok then moving forward... and this makes me very happy.

emma

Record Breaker
Good for her for going for the triple triple! Not perfect - but she is showing a very competitive side to herself this year!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Slow-mo showed 2fted. Maybe a little bit short on rotation depend on which angle. She came off the ice saying it was a good try. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Beat her personal best (ever) by nearly 3 points :) I imagine she got credit for full rotation. Yay!

Nadine

Record Breaker
:party2: :party: BRAVO, ASHLEY, BRAVO!!! :points: :love:

My darn computer conked out at the very end, but I watched it ALL!!!! YES!!!! Imho Ashley has the best two programs of any lady in the world today, I would put her in 1st. :)