Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Great show so far! I would have the top three reversed.
    Same here. Murakami was on fire.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_E View Post
    Ashley was great! Exactly what she needed to do here. She's never been scored that high and to be so close to Mao is great. Hopefully she can keep this up in the long, I'm worried with the altitude but I guess everyone will have that challenge as well. She skated like the US Champ and she got the score to show for it. Great job!
    I thought Ashley also had great command of the ice. Never had been a fan before, but she could just change my mind.

Custom Title
    So fourth group review and mao's sp video http://thewrongedgefigureskatingblog...ies-short.html

Custom Title
    Lol I'm sooo happy for Ashley I feel like crying & singing & dancing with joy and wild abandon!

Seriously, I've always said I felt she should've won 2008 Nationals (the best Nationals ever for Ladies imho; everybody skated their best & Mirai won). I just love everything she does, she's got it all, spins, jumps, artistry, presentation, speed, total command & confidence now (her hands didn't shake once!).

My favorite program of Ashley's though is the "Somewhere in Time" one by Rachmaninoff "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini"....ahhh....choreography, costume, everything just exquisite. If she ever reprises an old program I wish it to be this one.

This makes up for the horrible dream I had this morning about G&S and Rockne getting into a plane crash (most likely due to my having watched "Final Destination" several nights ago).

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGNES & CAROLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    Thanks Skate Figuring! I like both Amelie and Cynthi, but prefer Cynthia because she really does draw people in.
    I wasn't making a promise. But that's how it usually works out, sometimes in a convoluted way. However, timing is tricky. We'll have to see how it plays out, whether they both get the results of their determined effort and wishes this year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Home cooking?
    One judge out of 9 is from USA. Hardly conducive to controlling the kitchen, unless you subscribe to conspiracy theory.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Now there is a break I found this link on twitter for live feed, you need to download software but just in case, cause canada one freezes for me frequently.
    http://keyholetv.jp/english/index.html (Fuji TV)

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Skate fans are just as prone to prejudging skaters based on their past performances. Ashley was great. Better than ever. I'd still have given it to Kanako, but I'm not a trained judge and I'm not there in person.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    One judge out of 9 is from USA. Hardly conducive to controlling the kitchen, unless you subscribe to conspiracy theory.
    No, I was referring to hometown (ish) girl skating, large enthusiastic audience response, subconsciously influencing judges to mark higher (e.g. Alissa Czisny at Skate America 2011). Although perhaps home cooking is the incorrect term--home ice advantage is the right one, I think? That's what it's called in hockey, at least.

Custom Title
    I didn't care so much for Mao's performance today, with her arm movements somewhat unnatural and rushed at times. Really like Murakami. So glad she recovered from her medical conditions yesterday and was able to put on a great performance.

Custom Title
    I can't watch because I'm at work and have to finish a project.
    Thanks for the play by plays.

Custom Title
    go Cynthia!!! Rock it!!

Custom Title
    What happens when you get nothing on Keyhole except message "Login timed out. Check your Network" ?

Great skating from the top 3. Great SP from Ashley best I have seen her skate. Kanaka was on tonight, Loved all three.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    No, I was referring to hometown (ish) girl skating, large enthusiastic audience response, subconsciously influencing judges to mark higher (e.g. Alissa Czisny at Skate America 2011). Although perhaps home cooking is the incorrect term--home ice advantage is the right one, I think? That's what it's called in hockey, at least.
    Home advantage always helps with the marks.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast