Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yikes, a lot of implosions with these last few skates. :(

It all comes down to the FS, who will rise to the occasion? and who will not?

We shall see...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Bingwa GENG (CHN)

Music: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg by Michel Legrand

3Lz+2T
3T - fall, UR or perhaps DG
CCoSp
FCSp
2A - fall
SlSt
LSp - nice

Score: 46.98 and into 10th

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Does anybody remember Phaneuf's scores as announced? They don't make sense in the result page. Amelie 25.84+25.88=51.72 and Cynthia 26.56+26.20=50.76???

eta. OK I see there is the -2 deduction. Silly me.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Never got into Bingwa's skating. Prefer Kexin Zhang at this point. But waiting for Zijun Li to join the seniors--China's best hope for a top notch lady skater since Lu Chen.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good for our US ladies all in the top six. Congrats to Mao, Ashley and Kanako and a special shout out to Caroline, well done Ladies.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Good for our US ladies all in the top six. Congrats to Mao, Ashley and Kanako and a special shout out to Caroline, well done Ladies.

ditto.

The top three are in a class (63.45 - 64.25) and Caroline is in her own class right behind, at 58.74, before the group 54.07 and lower. They can all be very proud. Let's hope more ladies bring it tomorrow.

The Canadians are under extra pressure. I hope they calm down and meet the test in the FS.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The protocols are out: http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2012/fc2012_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Once again, 3flips that look perfectly fine are getting deductions (Kanako's and Caroline's). What's going on? Is there some new memo out to judges on when to deduct on 3flips? I'm missing whatever flaw it is and I would like to know about it so I can understand the scores.

Mao's 3A got an UR, as expected. Zhang's 3R/3R was ratified! Woot!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I don't get Mao's PCS. Nobody in this competition should get PCS close to Mao's IMO. Congratulations to all the top ladies but the scores do not seem right to me.

I don't get Mao's PCS. Nobody in this competition should get PCS close to Mao's IMO.

I thought that Mao was a little lackluster this time. But yeah, her basic skating is SO much better than everyone else's it seems like she should get at least 8's.