Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Kanako always had the blazing speed, without seeming to get much of a boost in the PCS internationally. I think the judges may prefer the speed with a bit more refined stroking.
    Sorry, I was referring to the two Canadian ladies vying for World spots. The Murakami/PCS discussion happened in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Yes - 4CC determines which lady goes to Worlds. Amelie won Canadians, but Cynthia won the LP.
    That's very interesting. Maybe Skate Canada is not all that committed to adding the points together for the SP and LP to determine the overall winner.

Custom Title
    Wow, Mao got level 4 for her step sequence. That's rare even for her. I'm glad she attempted 3 axel. That was a good opportunity for her to try it before Worlds. I wish she'd made a go of her triple-triple as well. What do you think, will she attempt 3 axel or the triple-triple in the FS?

Custom Title
    This one spot may determine the number of Canadian entries for the Olympics and I think Skate Canada has more faith in Phaneuf at her best or close to it but she's had problems all this season, prompting her to leave her long time coach to move to Toronto to train with Orser 6 weeks before the Nationals. Then she lost to Amelie due mainly to messing up the first jump of the SP combo. Skate Canada is basically in a dilemma and hoping for a clearer winner, especially in an International situation.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Sorry, I was referring to the two Canadian ladies vying for World spots. The Murakami/PCS discussion happened in between.
    Ack, no, I was the one who quoted the wrong post. Sorry about that!

P.S., Team Phaneuf!!!

Custom Title
    I wonder if she did 3A and then 3F-3R, what would her solo triple be? Triple toe? She can do steps right before the toe jump with good GOE.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Kanako always had the blazing speed, without seeming to get much of a boost in the PCS internationally. I think the judges may prefer the speed with a bit more refined stroking.
    I could understand that, but I still would've had her first here, followed by Ashley, then Mao.

Really impressed with Ashley's performance. Loved the arm movements during her final spread eagle, and great attempt at a 3/3--could be better, but at least she got it ratified.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    What do you think, will she attempt 3 axel or the triple-triple in the FS?
    3Axel, yep, triple-triple, nope.

Can't help but think what if Alissa had been here........The US could have very easily had two ladies in the top 3.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Fine skate by Carline Zhang. This Bud's for you, Polymer Bob!
    I just got home from work.
    Thanks for the Bud ............ I may just go have one now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    I don't get Mao's PCS. Nobody in this competition should get PCS close to Mao's IMO. Congratulations to all the top ladies but the scores do not seem right to me.
    I agree about Mao.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    I disagree--I think Kanako got lowballed on PCS. Her speed was the top of all the ladies skaters, just phenomenal and it should have been rewarded. I didn't think there was anything especially lacking in Mao's or Ashley's speed, but when Kanako came on, she just flew. Skating at that speed is VERY difficult.
    I haven't watch the video yet, but one thing I always notice is that Kanako has high speed because she always bend her back when she skate, may be that why she was not rewarded.

Banned
    wow. surprised by Ashely but deserved her place, she could peak at Worlds or next season
    I would have had her PCS above Mao, love the arm movements and Mao was good not up to her very best
    Zawadzki I was expecting that and poor Kanako undermarked.

looks like the Top 3 are clear
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 02-11-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Custom Title
    Cynthia managed to be a complete disaster yet again. Honestly, Amelie better get that spot. Even with the pop, she out skated Cynthia tonight, as she has been all season (and part of last season). I think it's rediculous that this poor girl has to fight for a spot that she has rightfully earned over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Cynthia is a better skater, in terms of artistry and such, but she's proven time and time again this season that she can't keep it together when it comes to the jumps. There's a limit to the number of second chances she should be getting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Cynthia managed to be a complete disaster yet again. Honestly, Amelie better get that spot. Even with the pop, she out skated Cynthia tonight, as she has been all season (and part of last season). I think it's rediculous that this poor girl has to fight for a spot that she has rightfully earned over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Cynthia is a better skater, in terms of artistry and such, but she's proven time and time again this season that she can't keep it together when it comes to the jumps. There's a limit to the number of second chances she should be getting.
    ikr, and what if Amelie outskates her again here, they'll assign them both to another competition to battle it out again? and another one ? until Phanuef defeats Lacoste. ridiculous
    I would really be pissed by that time if I was Amelie, she could say that bluntly to her fed what they want.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast