Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
There were a lot of good things about A. Navarro's skating. Looked like she has the jumps even though she couldn't land them. But a lot to work on. Are Canadians excited about her? Don't think I've seen her before.

She did a clean 3flip and 3loop in her long program at Canadians,and was third in that segment. I am reserving excitement until she starts landing the triples more consistently, but I hope she does because I really like what I see otherwise. Too bad about her short here; hope she has a better free.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Final flight looking really awesome (pretty solid!)...
Ashley seems to be soaking in the US crowd, and Mao looks beautiful in light blue. Should be interesting...a lot of confidence! :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mao Asada (JPN)

Music: Sheherazade by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov

She's wearing a new bright light blue dress

3A - shaky landing, 2footed, definitely UR, perhaps even DG
3F+2Lo
FSSp
3Lo
CCoSp - nice stretch in Y-spin
SlSt
LSp

Score: 64.25, and into 1st

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ahhh, Mao is head & shoulders above everybody else that has skated thus far, nice attempt at the 3A, 3/2, 3R, and I looooooooooooove her toepoint & extension on the spins, SUPERB!!! :bow: :rock: :yay: :love:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Ahhh, Mao is head & shoulders above everybody else that has skated thus far, nice attempt at the 3A, 3/2, 3R, and I looooooooooooove her toepoint & extension on the spins, SUPERB!!! :bow: :rock: :yay: :love:

Yay. Mao went for 3A. Slow-mo showed it was UR, so 6.0 - GOE.
Everything else is fine. She seemed really slow going into her Axel. I prefer her previous outfit compare to this one.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amelie Lacoste (CAN)

Music: Satin Doll by Duke Ellington

2A
1Lz - stepout, no lift at all, looked like toe slipped
3Lo+2Lo
FSSp
CCoSp
SlSt
LSp

Score: 51.72, SB and into 2nd

Nadine

Record Breaker
So who's it going to be for Canda's lone spot at Worlds? Lacoste or Phaneuf: :confused:

Lacoste opened the door by not doing a solo triple, nice 2A and 3R/2T...

ps: she's always reminded me of a blonde blue-eyed version of Meryl Davis of the USA. :)

claphappy

On the Ice
Mao's new costume looks almost like armor. She's skating to Scheherazade done in the style of exotica & exotica is light, kitschy, & fun. I think if she had the old costume & this new shade of blue that would be the best. Also, I think the pants highlighted the choreography more.

Last edited:
She did great apart from the 3A but these days I always feel like I'm watching the artificial nightingale with Mao. Her smile, like the Egyptian arms, seems added on. I think I just don't like this program. The second position in her layback is really ugly. Why???

sweetskates1

Medalist
ohh... season's best score for Lacoste... I am wondering the same thing.

So who's it going to be for Canda's lone spot at Worlds? Lacoste or Phaneuf: :confused:

Lacoste opened the door by not doing a solo triple, nice 2A and 3R/2T...

ps: she's always reminded me of a blonde blue-eyed version of Meryl Davis of the USA. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
She did great apart from the 3A but these days I always feel like I'm watching the artificial nightingale with Mao. Her smile, like the Egyptian arms, seems added on. I think I just don't like this program. The second position in her layback is really ugly. Why???

I actually completely agree with this.

I also (unrelatedly) wish Amelie had skated better but it is what it is.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh My, "Swan Lake" fits this young lady's style of skating, but I kept imagining what Alissa Czisny could do to this piece of music.... :love: