Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Oh My, "Swan Lake" fits this young lady's style of skating, but I kept imagining what Alissa Czisny could do to this piece of music....
    It's actually the Pas de Deux from the Nutcracker. But I too thought it was going to be Swan Lake from Zhu's feathery white dress...

I agree with Spun Silver about Mao's SP. It looks very "put on" and that version of Schez is TERRIBLE.
    Last edited by evangeline; 02-10-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    She did great apart from the 3A but these days I always feel like I'm watching the artificial nightingale with Mao. Her smile, like the Egyptian arms, seems added on. I think I just don't like this program. The second position in her layback is really ugly. Why???
    Mao's performance did seem a little muted here...quite reserved expression-wise. But I think the smiles (especially at the end of the program) are very genuine. It seems she's building herself back up again slowly but surely There is also something to be said about all she's been through lately...the fact that she can even focus enough to land jumps is beyond me.

I've always loved her really unique layback positions. The angle of her leg and back are extremely difficult to hold, and I'm not sure if many ladies competing could do that let alone with their hands behind their back.

Custom Title
    Did Ashley just do 3F-3T?

Custom Title
    i disagree;if Cynthia skates decently, she can beat Amelie solidly on PCS. Amelie left the door wide open and honestly, not doing the lutz again, will be a major concern for SC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Did Ashley just do 3F-3T?
    Yes. Might be 2fted.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Music: Pollock by Jeff Beal

3F+3T - a bit tight on landing, perhaps small 2foot on 3T
    3Lo
    2A
    CCoSp
    LSp
    SlSt
    FSSp

Score: 64.07, new PB and into 2nd

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Yes. Might be 2fted.
    Agreed with that.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Hey, she went for the 3-3 (UR perhaps?) and it didn't hurt the rest of her program at all! Skated like a champ. Way to go!

Custom Title
    Ashley said "it was a good try" coming off the ice....

Something really cool has happened for me: I am no longer afraid or anxious at all when I watch Wagner do her SP. Even in the combo when I saw what was happening I was just like yeah, she's got this ok then moving forward... and this makes me very happy.

Custom Title
    Good for her for going for the triple triple! Not perfect - but she is showing a very competitive side to herself this year!

Custom Title
    Slow-mo showed 2fted. Maybe a little bit short on rotation depend on which angle. She came off the ice saying it was a good try.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Looks like no UR call for Ashley. It looked close to me on the replay.

Beat her personal best (ever) by nearly 3 points I imagine she got credit for full rotation. Yay!

Custom Title
    BRAVO, ASHLEY, BRAVO!!!

My darn computer conked out at the very end, but I watched it ALL!!!! YES!!!! Imho Ashley has the best two programs of any lady in the world today, I would put her in 1st.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast