Ladies' Short Program, Fri. 2/10 at 2:50 pm EST

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I can't watch because I'm at work and have to finish a project. :disapp:
Thanks for the play by plays. :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great skating from the top 3. Great SP from Ashley best I have seen her skate. Kanaka was on tonight, Loved all three.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
No, I was referring to hometown (ish) girl skating, large enthusiastic audience response, subconsciously influencing judges to mark higher (e.g. Alissa Czisny at Skate America 2011). Although perhaps home cooking is the incorrect term--home ice advantage is the right one, I think? That's what it's called in hockey, at least.

Home advantage always helps with the marks.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I'm really impressed by Kanako, which is a first. I found her choppy and unrefined. She brought it this time around.
Ashley's combo was bad. Should get -2 GOE.
Kanako's combo was explosive. Should get +2 GOE.

Kanako's spins are better. Just everything appeared right.
I would put her 3-4 points ahead of everyone.

Mao was blah they nailed her in PCS. Caro's getting 33 or 34 PCS, and Mao is getting 30 this late in the season.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Funny, Mirai, Ashley, and Rachael always used to do 3/3s when they first entered seniors, then poof they were gone for a couple of years, now they're making a comeback! :cool:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Help me out here--is the issue that Ashley deserved lower PCS or she was scored OK and Kanako deserved higher PCS?

Well for me Ashley has always been undermarked as far as PCS. Hopefully this is the beginning of Ashley getting better marks from international judges.

Nadine

Record Breaker
And of course Ms. Caroline Zhang with that FAB 3R/3R combo., come on Caroline, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :thumbsup:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I dont know if Ashley was the same as before re the underscored pcs, I saw her in olympic season live and didnt win me over, I thought she was one more pretty girl skating to pretty music, but this year the programs show her personality so well, she is delivering and looks like enjoying it. And her figure looks strong and healthy and her dresses are gorgeous. Certainly made me a new fan.

Caronine has become a very beautiful lady. I havent watched Us nationals vids yet so this is the first time i see her this season i think. But i had read about her loop combo, all twit fans were gushing ab it! :)

figureskate

On the Ice
Mao was blah they nailed her in PCS. Caro's getting 33 or 34 PCS, and Mao is getting 30 this late in the season.

Kostner got her highest pcs in sp at gpf scoring 32, while at euros she scored 31. Mao received 31 at cor. It is really hard to compare different competition's scores. I would say if I agree or not when they skate the same night judged by the same judges

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, this must be the 4th or 5th time my computer has conked out, but not surprising I think everybody has logged onto IN to watch the Final Ladies. :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kexin ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 3 by Sergei Rachmaninov (Kween flashback)

3T+3T
3Lz - fall, looked UR in replay
CCoSp
FCSp
2A
SlSt
LSp - nice arch

Score: 54.07, new PB and into 4th