Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Men's LP

Custom Title
    Chan is very gracious. Takahashi and him look so short compared to Miner..

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    --no need to apologize (so to speak) for the omitted 2T! I hate those dopy and fussy little jumps tacked onto a powerful man's program just to add a point.
    Indeed. If Chan purposefully leaves out the 2T at Worlds, I will respect him more and he will deserve to have a slightly higher Choreography score (because every movement is choreography and doing a useless 2T takes away from the choreography).

Wow, they really mean it when they call it a SMALL medal. Those things are the size of a quarter...I bet the ribbon weighs more than it does!

Custom Title
    I missed the beginning of the ceremony but also couldn't make out all they said. Hopefully there will be video soon but someone recap please? Small medal ceremony can be the fun and funniest part of a competition as they are informal and relaxed and we see interactions between competitors.

Custom Title
    Most of the questions were directed at Chan. He mentioned that competing in Colorado felt like "being on the brink of death" and that it led to bouts of coughing. He will be taking some time off to go skiing this week and will resume training for Worlds right after. He feels confident and believes that he can win Worlds. When asked if he felt he was better than Takahashi and if there was something that he felt Takahashi was better at than him, he responded gracefully by saying that he grew up watching Daisuke and looking up to him. I can not remember much else but Chan was a sweetheart.

Takahashi was so cute. He answered in Japanese when asked about his altitude training. He basically practiced a lot and it did not seem that he had done anything special really from what the interpreter stated. He will be in Detroit working on transitions and choreography this week.

Rippon will be skating his last year's LP. I am so excited I LOVE that program even more than this year's!

Miner was gracious and did not say much.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I missed the beginning of the ceremony but also couldn't make out all they said. Hopefully there will be video soon but someone recap please? Small medal ceremony can be the fun and funniest part of a competition as they are informal and relaxed.

Oh man, that was really funny when they asked the question about preparing for Worlds and Patrick tried to palm the mic off on Ross who had to remind him that he wasn't going to Worlds!

Custom Title
    Thanks. What did Patrick say when he handed a question to Ross? They were laughing at that.

Ok, I saw this was answered.

Custom Title
    Lol, yes that was funny. Ross has a nice tone to his voice and he looked so tall standing next to the others. It's funny because he is only 5'9.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Oh man, that was really funny when they asked the question about preparing for Worlds and Patrick tried to palm the mic off on Ross who had to remind him that he wasn't going to Worlds!

Custom Title
    Takahashi and Chan were trying to hand the mic down when asked about their training plans for Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Thanks. What did Patrick say when he handed a question to Ross? They were laughing at that.

Ok, I saw this was answered.

Custom Title
    Oh, so Patrick was trying to pass on the mic/question from Dai but he really was the end of the line! LOL

Custom Title
    Nan Song was hospitalized after the LP yesterday. Hope he's all right.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Nan Song was hospitalized after the LP yesterday. Hope he's all right.
    Oh dear. I just read that he was sick with fever around Chinese New Year and lost substantial weight.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 02-12-2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: can't confirm how long Nan is sick.

What a sucky way to spend the Chinese New Year.

I had a feeling we were going to hear news like this. I believe it was bluebonnet who mentioned Nan being taken away on a stetcher or something along those lines? I hope he's fine.

Custom Title
    I checked the Chinese forum where they were all hurting for him. It was reported Nan was helped down the steps by 5 people including his coach. He could hardly move and was sweating buckets.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast