Men's LP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

seniorita

Record Breaker
I just saw the protocols, I havent seen any vid or the thread, but wow Chan wow:eek:, he must have killed it.
Daisuke and Ross:hb:
Rippon also looks like he skated very very good!
I ll come back later!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Ugh, I fell asleep after the second group and I missed all the rest of the skaters. At least I can catch this on CBC on Sunday!

skatinginbc

Medalist
Dai's 3Axel should not have been called < either. Who the hell was the tech panel here? They sucked.
I watched it a few times and to my untrained eyes the 3A was fully rotated but the 3T looked under-rotated (finishing part of the rotation on the ice rather than in the air). Is it possible that the tech panel sucked partially because they made a key-in error? It should have been 3A+3T< rather than 3A<+3T? It is just my guess.
Dai's long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEZiqxROpQ

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Since it wouldn't have changed the results, it's kind of moot.

The IN article with some interview quotes are up.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists. Patrick what can I say, fantastico :bow:, Dai some mistakes but overall good job, you are still my favorite. :love:

Very happy for Ross his smile at the medal ceremony was priceless. :yay:

sweetskates1

Medalist
I actually fell asleep right after Takahashi's LP and even though I was rooting for Adam to sneak in to the bronze position, I kept thinking about your "slow-and-steady" comment. Lol, you are ice psychic. I knew Chan would win. I hoped Rippon would medal but his outing felt satisfying regardless. Rippon will bring the quads shortly and rock them.. and Miner will keep climbing. Dornbush will be next year's Ashley, I believe, except he will not top the podium.

So totally missed the LP tonight, but it looks like my assessment of Ross Miner's "slow-and-steady" path to the top was right? ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That's counting chickens before the eggs are hatched!

A medal, any color, at 4cc'S already counts as heading near the top to me.

And so does the ISU's Season rankings list ;) where Ross is now 8th.
Of course, since Ross is not going to Worlds, so after Worlds his placing will plummet, but that's life.
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013313.htm

He's 14th on the season's total score list
http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/sb2011-12/sbtsmto.htm

15th on the SP season's list

and

15th on the LP season's list

Entered 3 international competitions, and won the bronze at two, NHK and 4CC's.

It's definitely a good start, particularly since he had an injury that ate the most of a year between juniors & seniors.

It will be fun to see how far he can improve.

This year his 3A's are exceptional, and his speed is much, much improved.

jcoates

Medalist
^^ I agree Doris. Ross has shown me something this season with his steady approach to improvement. His coaches are bringing him along at the pace that's right for him rather than rushing his progress to keep up with particular trends. I think that lends itself to developing the consistency he's displayed. He's gaining comfort with his skating through the consistency hes achieved. With his success this season, he's no longer a skater to be overlooked or seen as a fluke or fill in skater. Once again Peter and Mark prove what fine developmental coaches they are.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Anyone else see this? A rather convenient typo, don't you think?:rolleye:

http://www.2012fourcontinents.com/?p=1154"

I read the whole article twice and thought it seems pretty right to me before I saw the first line again.:laugh: I laugh with me cause it is not funny that typo, it is get your facts right.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for the links and all the commentary! I have a terrible cold and fell asleep sometime during the second group of skaters :( but the links and all the comments make me feel better, so thanks again!

seniorita

Record Breaker
^Thanx for vids, I watched Chan and whatever anyone says, boy he is really the best athlete right now.

but do you have Daisuke's Lp vid maybe(the link is the sp :)) ?And Miner's?

Whats up with Caluza that I read, I ve never seen him, is he special?

I forgot, Misha Ge seems extremely happy on FB:clap:

[h=6]Today my little dream came true!
Audience stand up ! Im so impressed By you guys !
You guys amazing !
One of the happiest day for me ! Thanks everyone , I have today its because of your support ! Love you guys ![/h]

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I read the whole article twice and thought it seems pretty right to me before I saw the first line again.:laugh: I laugh with me cause it is not funny that typo, it is get your facts right.

It is not a typo. It is laziness and an ignorant assumption, more excusable if he had entered as Chan Wai Kuan. As Patrick Chan, he is more likely an Irishman of Chinese descent. They need to make their assumptions more reasonable and understandable.

seniorita

Record Breaker
yes thats what I meant by get your facts right, I cant believe the persons who write the articles dont know ab fs.

Oy how Mura skated?>

Last edited:
^ I have to assume the assumption is on the part of some low-level proofreader or flunkie. It's inconceivable that a writer at IN does not know who Patrick Chan is or where he comes from.

Or maybe the writer was falling asleep and made an asinine mistake which he will feel totally idiotic about after realizing it.

fscric

On the Ice
SF, thanks for the links to the videos. I love the medal ceremony. Ross Miner's smile is infectious, one can't help but smile along with him.