Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Men's LP

Custom Title
    Congratulations to the medalists! Gold and Silver were how I wished for. Never thought Miner could win bronze! Sad for Song and Rippon!

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Patrick, Daisuke, and Ross. Adam too for a great LP and being so close to the podium at the event with so many great competitors.

Custom Title
    What an exciting finish. Love the random draw for the LP, keeps the drama going to the very end! Congrats to the medalists.

as a side note, hope that competitions can stay away from colorado for a while, it's scary to see so many skaters literally running on empty at the end of the programs

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    lol at Patrick going out onto the ice for the podium! There was no one standing there holding the gate open and he just looked around like "Uhh..."
    Gah, he's adorable.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Gender expression is not a reason to denigrate anybody. And Ross Miner is hardly "femmy", which is a matter of demeanor rather than build. Do you mean to say he's petite, ks777? So are most modern male skaters. Miner's demeanor is actually very stoic, unfussy and old-school-via-Paul-Wylie. He's extremely traditionally masculine in his presentation. I would like to see him soften it up a bit.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cleopatra20042004 View Post
    as a side note, hope that competitions can stay away from colorado for a while, it's scary to see so many skaters literally running on empty at the end of the programs
    I second that!

Custom Title
    Wow, Daisuke got silver? Awesome! I'm so glad he did so well at high altitude. And Ross Miner? Splendid. Congrats to Patrick for winning.

Haha, this is funny. They are playing their LP music as medalests are presented and it goes from this grand orchestral theme for PChiddy to this crazy electric thing for Dicek (lol can't spell his name) back to grand orchestral for Ross. I know it's just their LP music, but I thought it was amusing!

Tripping on the Podium
    fantastic end to Ross' season

Custom Title
    Miner looked so happy!

Custom Title
    Let's all pray the Pairs event won't be a horror show. Sui/Han did some huge throws in practice, including quad twists. But doing big tricks in a full program in competition at such altitude is a different story. Let's hope also the Ladies will prove to be tough. In a way, since smaller muscle mass requires less oxygen, hopefully they are not badly affected. It is actually quite difficulty to predict which persons are affected by thin air more.

Custom Title
    I love when the bronze medalist looks happier than the other two!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    I love when the bronze medalist looks happier than the other two!
    This is common. The Gold medalist of course is happy to win. The Bronze medalist is happy to make the podium, unless he has expected to win. Silver medalist is often the not so happy one for missing out on the Gold.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    This is common. The Gold medalist of course is happy to win. The Bronze medalist is happy to make the podium, unless he has expected to win. Silver medalist is often the not so happy one for missing out on the Gold.

That perfectly describes the 1994 World Ladies' podium (remember Surya's hissy fit?)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Yep, it was close. Pretty much came down to the SP; Adam would have been way ahead but he messed up his jump and his whole score suffered. I think overall this is a good experience for him; he definitely is one of my favorite US male skaters and I'd like to see how he can improve at Worlds!
    Yes. I'd have loved to see Adam on the podium, but he's in good shape to do well at worlds. The mistakes he had at this competition are all things that he can fix/prevent at worlds. It's good to see that he's still competitieve even when he's not perfect.
    What a way to end the season for Ross! This was the first year in a long time where the US nationals men's podium was exactly in the order/placement i wanted and agreed with...I love Jeremy, adore Adam, and really appreciate Ross...I get what many are saying about him being boring/flat as a skater, BUT he's the kind of skater who goes out there and just skates. Nothing's overly complicated, he just goes out there and does his job and the skating speaks for itself. Glad to see him being rewarded for it...and what a podium to land himself on...can you imagine, getting your first ISU international medal next to Takahashi and Chan? WOW!

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast