Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Men's LP

Custom Title
    ^^ I agree Doris. Ross has shown me something this season with his steady approach to improvement. His coaches are bringing him along at the pace that's right for him rather than rushing his progress to keep up with particular trends. I think that lends itself to developing the consistency he's displayed. He's gaining comfort with his skating through the consistency hes achieved. With his success this season, he's no longer a skater to be overlooked or seen as a fluke or fill in skater. Once again Peter and Mark prove what fine developmental coaches they are.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Anyone else see this? A rather convenient typo, don't you think?

http://www.2012fourcontinents.com/?p=1154"
    I read the whole article twice and thought it seems pretty right to me before I saw the first line again. I laugh with me cause it is not funny that typo, it is get your facts right.

Custom Title
    This Youtube video of Patrick Chan, representing Ireland and China, is still available.

and

Daisuke Takahashi of Japan

Christopher Caluza

Kevin Reynolds

Medal ceremony

Custom Title
    Thanks for the links and all the commentary! I have a terrible cold and fell asleep sometime during the second group of skaters :( but the links and all the comments make me feel better, so thanks again!

^Thanx for vids, I watched Chan and whatever anyone says, boy he is really the best athlete right now.

but do you have Daisuke's Lp vid maybe(the link is the sp ) ?And Miner's?

Whats up with Caluza that I read, I ve never seen him, is he special?

I forgot, Misha Ge seems extremely happy on FB

Today my little dream came true!
    Audience stand up ! Im so impressed By you guys !
    You guys amazing !
    One of the happiest day for me ! Thanks everyone , I have today its because of your support ! Love you guys !

Last edited by seniorita; 02-11-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I read the whole article twice and thought it seems pretty right to me before I saw the first line again. I laugh with me cause it is not funny that typo, it is get your facts right.
    It is not a typo. It is laziness and an ignorant assumption, more excusable if he had entered as Chan Wai Kuan. As Patrick Chan, he is more likely an Irishman of Chinese descent. They need to make their assumptions more reasonable and understandable.

yes thats what I meant by get your facts right, I cant believe the persons who write the articles dont know ab fs.

Oy how Mura skated?>
    Last edited by seniorita; 02-11-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    ^ I have to assume the assumption is on the part of some low-level proofreader or flunkie. It's inconceivable that a writer at IN does not know who Patrick Chan is or where he comes from.

Or maybe the writer was falling asleep and made an asinine mistake which he will feel totally idiotic about after realizing it.

Custom Title
    SF, thanks for the links to the videos. I love the medal ceremony. Ross Miner's smile is infectious, one can't help but smile along with him.

Well according to them at least China has a gold in men singles right now

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I cant believe the persons who write the articles dont know ab fs.
    He didn't assume "Patrick Chan of Japan". My theory is that the writer made the assumption based on the last name: Chan is a common Chinese surname and therefore every Chan represents China. "Is Patrick Chan a Chinese?" asked the ghostwriter, probably a student hired at a cheap wage. "Yes, he is," answered the busy journalist. After the first draft was written, the journalist read it twice and didn't notice the error just like Seniorita, who did not detect it in her first two readings in spite of her skating knowledge (Post #395). So the journalist added a few technical explanations here and there and went ahead publishing it under his name.
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 02-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Custom Title
    ^^^Dai-Chan and Taka-Chan, too? Wow, China is rich! Yuzuru-Chan, Tat-Chan, Nobu-Chan ...

Yes if my mum was writing the article she would assume he is from China. If the journalist is somehow 10% relevant to figure skating, he would know Chan is from Canada. I dont know how the article of 4cc is written by someone who needs to assume from where is the very top athlete.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    This Youtube video of Patrick Chan, representing Ireland and China, is still available.

and

Daisuke Takahashi of Japan

Christopher Caluza

Kevin Reynolds

Medal ceremony
    It's maybe not right to say this, but I feel sorry for the flower girls. They looked so lame and numb. It was like they were doing a chore.

Custom Title
    Adam Rippon

Ross Miner's LP is supposed to be on the same site. Since it's geoblocked and the site keeps moving on to next blocked videos for me, I can't link it.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast