Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's LP

Custom Title
    I agree. I wonder who chose the piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I like Brendon Kerry but this music is soporific. He sure knows how to save a jump.

Custom Title
    I'm just impressed that nobody passed out at the end of their LPs in the first group....hopefully the ISU reconsiders holding events at this altitude in the future.

Custom Title
    Hmm, didn't realize we have an Olympian here, but they just mentioned the older gentleman from KAZ (btw he looks just like my cousin's boyfriend) is one.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    The announcer never pronounces the names the same way twice (and it's still always incorrect).

At them playing Salt-N-Pepa's "Whatta Man (feat. En Vogue)". I doubt there are any men skating here. Prove me wrong, skaters!

Custom Title
    WOW, Alex Kam is looking just as impressive as in the SP, if not more so, did you all see that HUGE GIGANTIC 3L!!!!

Custom Title
    Caluza looks already out of steam and he's barely in the second minute of the warm up....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I'm just impressed that nobody passed out at the end of their LPs in the first group....hopefully the ISU reconsiders holding events at this altitude in the future.
    They held 4CC here in 2007 as well. The lowest man had a free skate score in the fifties.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Oh wow I just noticed that Mr. Sato was inducted into the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame during the intermission (unfortunately only caught the last few minutes). Good for him!
    I'm late to the party. Terriffic news. He's a very classy guy. I love his calm temperament. He and John Nicks are my favorites in that regard.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    WOW, Alex Kam is looking just as impressive as in the SP, if not more so, did you all see that HUGE GIGANTIC 3L!!!!
    He trains here.

Oh dear Lord, what IS he wearing...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    IIRC, Colorado Springs has quite a figure skating tradition, so I expect that they will continue to hold figure skating events there. I remember when some skaters from the other hemisphere had to have oxygen after their performances there, but the show went on.

Custom Title
    RAKIMGALIEV rocking that mullet...

...and down he goes...

twice...

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    This announcer is butchering the skaters' names.

and words in general.
    The announcer of the scores in the building is also reading the wrong scores.

Custom Title
    3 falls, a few pops here & there, but he never gave up on the performance, and I like this "Addams Family" music, but every time I hear it I cannot help but think of Sarah Abitbol & Stephane Bernadis of FRANCE, whom did it thee best, as well as their Can-Can that year, ahhh memories.

Still, the FSs are seemingly *endless* like they're never going to end...

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Skating to the Addams Family film soundtrack is only acceptable if you're 12, and this was 20 years ago. And did Abzal actually mime scenes from the movie? Not that many people saw the film when it was new, and it has not aged well.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast