Men's LP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

jaylee

Medalist
You call that demeaning? Comparing to the World Champ at 16 is demeaning? You really think that lowly of Patrick Chan?

Oh, please. Don't twist my words around. I wasn't dissing Patrick in the slightest, I was criticizing you because you just HAD to point out that a 16-year-old skater lacks the "power" of Chan. No duh, most every male skater lacks the power of Chan, but it reflects poorly on you that you couldn't just compliment a young skater in his debut, but you just had to make a comment highlighting this kid's inferiority compared to Chan for no reason whatsoever!

He had serious mistakes, but there is definitely potential here, and I'm quite looking forward to him in the future.

Becki

Medalist
I feel like this is just Patrick Chan's competition to lose.....he trains in Colorado, that's a big bonus....he shouldn't have a problem winning at all. The skaters so far seemed like they couldn't breathe....

Dots

Final Flight
I'm the only that just noticed someone take a tumble down the stairs? :unsure: I swear like on the upper right corner someone just went down.

Does anyone else think there is nothing on this earth so inane and unctuous as the announcers' small talk, interviews, and efforts to be funny at skating shows and competitions? It makes me want to scream.

(Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore the comment re: a fall. I hope no one is hurt.)

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Okay, we have two hard hitters in here capable of 4/3, Nan Song & Kevin Reynolds. :cool:

For Adam I just hope he skates clean, has he ever cleanly landed a quad? :confused2:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I feel like this is just Patrick Chan's competition to lose.....he trains in Colorado, that's a big bonus....he shouldn't have a problem winning at all. The skaters so far seemed like they couldn't breathe....

Patrick himself mentioned it wouldn't be easy for him either. His advantage is competing in lowland after training at high altitude. His program is designed to take advantage of his fitness, with no rest break at all. Yes he is acclimatized but the advantage is not likely to be as big as imagined. I expect him to be more out of breath than usual if he successfully completes it. It's more important to see how the big guns handle it compared to the slight build young ones.

Go J10 go! Show 'em your artistry.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kevin's looking suave. :cool: I know he's going to do good because his hair is on *edge* just like the ice, totally rocks, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEV!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice job by Nan Song. :love: What guts to go for 2 quads, though he was more successful on the 2nd one, also he did a nice 3A as well. :cool:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Wow, Song looked like he might faint after his skating.

Thanks, everyone! I finally got on to Radio-Canada!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Ahaha, whoever said earlier that the oxygen tanks should be brought out. Well here it is, for Nan Song, who actually skated pretty well all the way to the end.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omg, they're giving him oxygen, looked like he almost passed out, what a warrior, 1st place!!!!! :rock: :bow: :clap: :cool:

Its_Delovely

Spectator
I know! The arena announcer was encouraging the crowd, "Help him get to the center!"

Oh, geez. Poor Song, needing that oxygen. These poor guys with the altitude.