Men's LP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Becki

Medalist
OMG, at first I thought Nan was just disappointed with his performance hence the head facing down....didn't know he had that much problem breathing!!! T____T

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Good job, Nan. He looks so disappointed but probably nobody will do their best here, so it's relative.

Wow. He needs oxygen. He gave his all, doing through the whole program with not so much loss of energy.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I would love to know if they count that as a fall too, because he did manage to stay on his feet with only one hand down.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
You mean Adam? His butt didn't touch, so I would say technically no. But I don't know exactly how skating falls are judged. :p My main sport is gymnastics and you can have a fall off or onto the apparatus. Even putting your hand down is really costly; maybe a few tenths less than a complete to the knees or butt, but yeah, it's pretty easy to tell what is a fall and what isn't.

Nadine

Record Breaker
BRAVO for Adam, just popped his 2nd 3axel and severly crossed legs on his opening UR quad. :cool: Everything else pretty darn good, even his famous Rippon Lutz, also shades of Sasha Cohen in his 3S/half loop/3T. :love: :rock:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Bravo Adam. Well done.

As I said, probably no one will do their best here, so as near his best is terrific. :clap:

Go Kevin!

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Adam gets the point off, so I guess that did count as a fall. But technically, only his hand touched, lol!

PS: I finaly figured out who Kevin reminds me of...a male version of Lavinia Swire from Downton Abbey! ;)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
In both 1999 and 2000, Skate America was held in Colorado Springs. I remember that in one of them, oxygen was needed for some skaters, and perhaps it was needed in the other one also.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Adam was amazing given the pressure and less than ideal conditions. A new season's best and a great comment after getting off the ice to coach "what a test!"

lise

On the Ice
Kevin not having a great skate; generally a tough skate by all Canadians today.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
In both 1999 and 2000, Skate America was held in Colorado Springs. I remember that in one of them, oxygen was needed for some skaters, and perhaps it was needed in the other one also.

In Scott's book he talked of skaters getting sick or sucking oxygen halfway through practices and competitions because of the altitude back when he competed....