Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Short Program at 3:00pm EST

Custom Title
    Position After 6 Of 10

1. Caydee DENNEY/John COUGHLIN (USA) - 63.35 (TES: 35.55, PCS: 27.80)
    2. Mary Beth MARLEY/Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 62.42 (TES: 34.96, PCS: 27.46)
    3. Jessica DUBE/Sebastien WOLFE (CAN) - 57.68 (TES: 31.28, PCS: 26.40)
    4. Meagan DUHAMEL/Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 57.53 (TES: 31.44, PCS: 26.09)
    5. Huibo DONG/Yiming WU (CHN) - 49.52 (TES: 27.29, PCS: 22.23)
    6. Yue ZHANG/Lei WANG (CHN) - 48.04 (TES: 24.41, PCS: 23.63)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Something you don't see often: 2 US teams at the top of any intermediate leader board

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Wait to see Sui/Han's quad twist.
    Seen it already. I love Sui/Han. They're very good pairs skaters, and two of the best performers in competitive skating right now. But the Chinese pairs program has come a long way down from Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong and the Zhangs. It would have to for a team like Zhang and Wang to be bronze medalists at Chinese nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    well.. ouch.
    Better here than at Worlds blue_idealist. Just keep saying that.

Custom Title
    And it's not that bad a score.

That said, I'm not watching until I know nothing bad happens (injury wise).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Seen it already. I love Sui/Han. They're very good pairs skaters, and two of the best performers in competitive skating right now. But the Chinese pairs program has come a long way down from Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong and the Zhangs. It would have to for a team like Zhang and Wang to be bronze medalists at Chinese nationals.
    The Chinese dont even have a pair capable of medalling at the World level anymore. The Zhangs are no longer a real threat, and Sui & Han have a long way to go still. Pang & Tong are getting old and dont seem to be competing much anymore.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icemusings View Post
    Looks like it's scheduled to end at 4:45pm with three groups and an ice resurfacing.
    Thanks, icemusings, I'm going to be late. :( But I want, I MUST watch the end of this, lol. Going to make some calls to my lovelies to tell them I will be a tad late, but will make up for it with a trip to Seattle's oldest toystore downtown, as well as a movie tomorrow.

Banned
    im late Denney/Coughlin in 1st ? never expected that
    they could stay 1st in sp unless Sui/Han mess up.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    The Chinese dont even have a pair capable of medalling at the World level anymore. The Zhangs are no longer a real threat, and Sui & Han have a long way to go still. Pang & Tong are getting old and dont seem to be competing much anymore.
    Pairs power is back with Russia in full force. Russia has more podium-worthy pairs teams than they know what to do with.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Anyone know where Univ. Sports is on Verizon? It's not listed. I really should know this...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Wait to see Sui/Han's quad twist.

Nadine, Pairs girls are of tiny bodies, biggest guts. Pairs guy are strong physically to be good chick hoisters but also need mental strength to deal with guilt and trauma of mishaps.
    Best description of pairs skaters ever, both in terms of seriousness and in terms of humor. I don't know which I like better: of tiny bodies, biggest guts (totally true), or chick hoisters! (Not demeaning at all when said by someone who loves skating and skaters as much as you do.) I actually never thought about that last idea of yours, but it's true that guys have to be able to withstand the guilt and trauma of mishaps. They can't second-guess themselves, or they'd never be able to lift, carry, and throw their lady. (Who is often their girlfriend or wife.)

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Something you don't see often: 2 US teams at the top of any intermediate leader board
    Yeah, WHO said there was something wrong with the US pairs program? lol. (btw: the who is not directed at anyone specifically).

Custom Title
    since you are discussing Chinese pairs.... Zhang(man) has an injury, right? And Pant/Tong, were they only planning worlds this year (somehow, I thought they would come to 4cc)...thanks in advance if you know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    since you are discussing Chinese pairs.... Zhang(man) has an injury, right? And Pant/Tong, were they only planning worlds this year (somehow, I thought they would come to 4cc)...thanks in advance if you know the answer.
    I knew Pang/Tong weren't doing anything but Worlds.. I think I did hear about the injury to Hao Zhang at one point but I think it slipped my mind.

Banned
    didn't Pang/Tong retired ? so they are making a comeback for 2012 Worlds, how old are they now ?
    It'll be tough for them to get Bronze again, they haven't competed internationally last season and will have to fight the spot again with K/S

Sui/Han are the best Chinese Pairs atm, they will age out at Junior Worlds this season.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast