Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pairs Short Program at 3:00pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I do not understand how judges could possibly give Sui/Han scores of 8.00 for skating skills. What a joke! Same for Denney and Coughlin - they were slow and rough.
    Overall, I thought the PCS judging was reallly, really off tonight.
    Yeah, those scores are ridiculous. S/H got almost the same scores as B/L at europeans. And while I could agree with the technical score, how can Sui/Han get such high scores for skating skills? Except for the clean elements, speed, and ridiculous punching the air, the skating is very poor.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Yeah, those scores are ridiculous. S/H got almost the same scores as B/L at europeans. And while I could agree with the technical score, how can Sui/Han get such high scores for skating skills? Except for the clean elements, speed, and ridiculous punching the air, the skating is very poor.
    Do not get me started on that. Ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe it.

Custom Title
    I'm actually rather excited about the LP tomorrow. Pairs has been my least favorite discipline over the last few years as usually only S/S and V/T really impressed me. Now there appears to be a really competent second tier of teams developing. Not world beaters yet by any means, but definitely improving noticeably.

Marley and Brubaker are being a bit underestimated in the comments here. They still have lots of progress and gelling to do, but Jenni and Todd are really bringing them along and infusing some their own best qualities and those of the Nicks method into their skating. Things like good deep knees, strong straight backs, good flow and speed, better unison and ice coverage. Their footwork sequence is terrific and full of energy. Also, the sbs 3Ts were very much in sync whereas many of the other teams were slightly out of sync (D/C in particular).

Yeah, I think Mary Beth and Rockne have a lot of potential. They still have some growing to do and are a bit limited currently because Mary Beth looks about 13 and any type of really mature, romantic program would just long wrong. Maybe in a few seasons when they are ready, they can give Mary Beth a Michelle-esque makeover and start doing more senior level programs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Seen it already. I love Sui/Han. They're very good pairs skaters, and two of the best performers in competitive skating right now. But the Chinese pairs program has come a long way down from Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong and the Zhangs. It would have to for a team like Zhang and Wang to be bronze medalists at Chinese nationals.

I think the one who won bronze at Chinese national is Yu Xiaoyu - Jin Yang, who is quite elegant when you watch them live, not Zhang/Wang

Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I always hear commentators marveling at the speed at which T/T skate, so I can't be that. They, to me, are flawless aside from the jumps. They actually tick every box for PCS and they should be very, very high.
    I agree, it seems they treat PCS here for presentation which as Serious Business pointed out it is totally different policy than single. I wonder why.
    Last edited by treeloving; 02-11-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Sui and Han

The same hoedown routine they do in both jr and sr
    Costumes must be the 3rd version

Can I say I am very tired of this program? They have exceeded my cuteness threshold.

LOL! I think they exceeded my cuteness threshold the second time I saw this program . . . and now we're in YEAR TWO of it!!! Yikes.

On another note, I'm outraged that Takahashi/Tran got the exact same PCS scores as Denney/Coughlin. I thought T/T's program was gorgeous and detailed and lovely--so many wonderful moments in it. Caydee/John's program, meanwhile, was basic and slowed down noticeably whenever they weren't doing a big trick. How on earth could the judges not notice the difference between these two pairs?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10