Pairs Short Program at 3:00pm EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program at 3:00pm EST

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
That was the first time I've seen Marley and Brubaker's current SP. I loved it! Too bad about the two-foot (I think..) on the throw.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mary Beth MARLEY / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA)

Music: Singing in the Rain Medley

3T - nice
3FTw
PCoSp
3FTh - landed on two feet
SlSt
Li
FiDs

Score: 62.42, new PB and into 2nd

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, my computer conked out halfway through, but I did catch their elements, except for the 2foot on the throw jump, they had a lot of pizzazz, and Rockne just got a lot of rep points for being an old-timer. It's going to be close between the two Americans, it will all come down to the LP.

ps: both pairs really need to work on their positions and extension, that's something Donlan & Speroff have in spades. :cool:

Mao88

Record Breaker
Position After 3 Of 10

1. Caydee DENNEY/John COUGHLIN (USA) - 63.35 (TES: 35.55, PCS: 27.80)
2. Mary Beth MARLEY/Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 62.42 (TES: 34.96, PCS: 27.46)
3. Jessica DUBE/Sebastien WOLFE (CAN) - 57.68 (TES: 31.28, PCS: 26.40)

sweetskates1

Medalist
I love Marley/Brubaker! They make me smile. I am hoping for a dream skate from Amanda Evora/Mark Ladwig! THEY DESERVE IT!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Here come the Chinese acrobats and all the rest... :)

Just think a catch of the blade on the ice or an off throw can result in major injury ~ reminds me of that one pair from Russia that I like so much; they skate to "Claire de Lune" ~ soooo many injuries she's had over the years. Just tells one how TOUGH pair skaters really are, especially the girls, singles doesn't even come close. They don't have to be worried about being knocked unconscius or suffering from brain injury (aka Paul Binneboise).

My hat goes off to them. :bow:

Mao88

Record Breaker
Remaining Starting Order

Warm-Up Group 2
4. Meagan DUHAMEL/Eric RADFORD (CAN)
5. Yue ZHANG/Lei WANG (CHN)
6. Huibo DONG/Yiming WU (CHN)

Warm-Up Group 3
7. Narumi TAKAHASHI/Mervin TRAN (JPN)
8. Wenjing SUI/Cong HAN (CHN)
9. Amanda EVORA/Mark LADWIG (USA)
10. Paige LAWRENCE/Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Do-Hamill and Radford were quite brave and innovative to put the throw jump as the last element of their program. Too bad it didn't work out.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I wonder why they only do a 2twist? :confused2: He's so tall & she's so short (just like Castelli & Schapir of the USA), the perfect "flea & gorilla" type pair, one would think they could easily put in a 3twist... or even a 4twist... :think:

burntBREAD

Medalist
I wonder why they only do a 2twist? :confused2: He's so tall & she's so short (just like Castelli & Schapir of the USA), the perfect "flea & gorilla" type pair, one would think they could easily put in a 3twist... or even a 4twist... :think:

I think they usually do a 3-twist, there might be an issue here. I do recall last year during the World Championships, she came down on the triple twist and broke his nose with her elbow!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Is it just me, or did D/R look really tired through that? It was still pretty good.

Radford looked completely out of breath even during the warm-ups. The altitude/the arena's ventilation is doing a number on some skaters.

I love how Do-Hamill is explaining everything that happened during the skate in Kiss & Cry. Now that's good commentary!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Duhamel & Radford CAN

Megan a little off on the jump landing (not perfect unison)
Twist clean but kind of average

They have a very interesting pair spin!

Gutsy to do the throw last, but she put 2 hands down (quickly)

This was a tight, and slightly messy skate, IMO, but they have a great look!

57.53 in 4th