Short Dance 5:30 PM EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Short Dance 5:30 PM EST

sweetskates1

Medalist
It is really interesting seeing the ice dancers tackle Latin rhythms on the ice since I was born dancing to salsa, guaguanco, merengue, rumba, cumbia and the rest. If I tried moving like I do on the floor on the ice, there would be blood everywhere lols.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Position After 1 Of 11

1. Cortney MANSOUR/Daryn ZHUNUSSOV (KAZ) - 25.53 (TES: 13.22, PCS: 13.31, DED: 1.00)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It's like someone saw Sale/Pelletier's "Love Story" and said "That needs a Latin beat. And vocals. And vampires."

I liked this couple from Uzbekhistan! One of those nice little surprises you get from watching whole comps. Too bad he fell out of a twizzle but they skated close and had good unison, I thought. I even liked their wild flamingo costumes.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Morosov not only used V/M's music this season, he does it for two of his teams? Dude's shameless.

Hip Hip Chin Chin was famously used by ballroom competition team Max Kozhevnikov & Yulia Zagoruychenko for a samba. That's where they all got it from. Long before V/M used it, lesser ballroom teams were already using it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nagorniuk & Kovalenko
Uzbekistan

Into rhumba. Much, much better than last couple

twizzles. level 1 he steps out of first one

Love Story with a rhumba beat synched in
circular step
slow

second rhumba

lift - she stands on his leg

samba stuff
to end pose

Mao88

Record Breaker
Position After 2 Of 11

1. Anna NAGORNYUK/Viktor KOVALENKO (UZB) - 39.93 (TES: 21.49, PCS: 18.44)
2. Cortney MANSOUR/Daryn ZHUNUSSOV (KAZ) - 25.53 (TES: 13.22, PCS: 13.31, DED: 1.00)

Macassar88

Medalist
Lol if I hadn't seen their names on screen, I would have thought that the mexican team was Tessa and Scott from their outfits.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It works. Thanks!

????? It should and has worked for everybody. Plein ecran means full screen. No in between option. I find today's video quality poorer, narrower screen and fuzzier picture when enlarged.

Ooops. I answered you too quickly. You must have edited your post. Anyways, happy for you.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Hip Hip Chin Chin was famously used by ballroom competition team Max Kozhevnikov & Yulia Zagoruychenko for a samba. That's where they all got it from. Long before V/M used it, lesser ballroom teams were already using it.

I recognize it's very famous (love Yulia). I just think it's tacky to use it for two teams (and it's Morosov, so I couldn't resist a dig). And since Morosov used not one but two of V/M's pieces, I don't feel as petty as I probably should.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Bruhns & Van Natten
Mexico

Rhumba music
Not a good first pattern, from a key point standpoint
into the lift, she's a plank over his knee, but with one leg wrapped around his leg
(I like this lift)
Music is a good fit for this
second pattern
seemed a little better

jump into twizzles, sort of done, they don't step or into it in unison.

circular step

Next 4 teams warming up.