Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Short Dance 5:30 PM EST

Custom Title
    Definitely agree with you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Would have the Shibs and W/P flipped...Maia and Alex were on tonight and totally rocked it, should have been much closer to V&M.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    That dress should be burned. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, should wear animal print. Ever.
    Agreed
    Especially since tigers aren't found in South America. Maybe time for some jaguar print?

Big gap between 4th and 5th place, insurmountable I'd say. The top 4 is locked in at least.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by claphappy View Post
    is this Dornbush's punishment?
    I wondered if I heard that right

Custom Title
    Okay, so look at the PCS for D/W and V/M. Exact tie on SS. CC goes to D/W. I, PE and TR goes to V/M. V/M win on PCS (didn't see that coming), but barely.

V/M and W/P brought the sex. D/W and Shibs bought the sizzle.

Frankly, I think the rankings of the top four are dead on. D/W were cleaner (V/M's ending really does them no favours in this department) and I think they earned it on GOEs. But D/W just don't have the flat out sex appeal of V/M, and I think that tangible, astonishing chemistry works wonders for them.

W/P and Shibs: the Shibs win TES, W/P win PCS. Which is fair. W/P go farther with their concept than the Shibs do.

jcoates, I was wrong.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 02-11-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What did the Shibutani's coaches say to them when the scores were announced that made Maia and Alex put a finger to their loops, Shhhhh."

The Radio Canada video made everyone look tall and skinny.
    The Shibs were shushing the audience who were booing their scores.

Great skating from the top 4. Congrats!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by veravina View Post
    Keep in mind though Tessa's surgery and time off the ice. The loss of training still shows in their competition readiness. D&W had 2011 all to themselves.
    That is very true.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    W/P beat the Shibs in every area of the PCS, that's why they're slightly ahead (The Shibs are ahead in TES). W/P did look very strong and expansive in their ice coverage. So I say give the judges the benefit of the doubt. I am disappointed the Shibs didn't get a higher score with a revamped SD that is vastly superior to the older version, though.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I hope Doris is preparing a looooong post explaining the scores.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What did the Shibutani's coaches say to them when the scores were announced that made Maia and Alex put a finger to their loops, Shhhhh."

The Radio Canada video made everyone look tall and skinny.
    S&Z move when the crowd boos the scores-ssssh them. You look classy as a result (worked for M&C in 2009 Worlds).

Bet a cookie there were very few "Y" s given for the 2nd rhumba key point. (Judy Blumberg on tech panel)

Those kids all skated all out, but they were all out of gas at the end. Latin is too high energy for altitude. None of them were as squeaky clean tech wise as at GPF.

OTOH, Meryl & Charlie were not doing the laser eyed competitors thing either. That's the best Latin I've seen them do.

skating philosopher
    I'm hoping now that the Shibs have done this improved dance once internationally, they will fare better with it at Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by veravina View Post
    Keep in mind though Tessa's surgery and time off the ice. The loss of training still shows in their competition readiness. D&W had 2011 all to themselves.
    Yes, and V/M have had to tinker with choreo mid-season. It puts them behind in building the "muscle memory" of the programs.

I hope they can skate their programs flat out at Worlds. I always like to see teams (all teams) at their best, with full training/preparation.

On the Ice
    I just adore the print dress, and I thought V/M were way more "on" than D/W and totally should have won this segment... goes to show that ice dance is subjective, LOL.
    V/M really need to put the lift back to the slow part though or just do something, anything with the music at the end because the cuts at the very end were even more horrendous than at Canadians....

Custom Title
    Here are the protocols.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    That dress should be burned. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, should wear animal print. Ever.
    Unless, maybe its Philippe Candeloro doing a "George of the Jungle" program. But then he would probably strip off the animal print covering anyway.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast