Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Mao's spiral is very nice but I wish she (and Kanako) wouldn't drop their backs so far so that their legs could go higher...I think the upper body should be at least parallel, otherwise it looks like a kind-of Charlotte which isn't too attractive. Mao's spiral in 2006-2008 is her optimal spiral IMO.
    I agree, and I also wish they'd have the girls learn to use their upper body to lower their leg so that it's in unison and their body lines aren't broken, just looks so much nicer (and stronger). To me this just gives a skater that 'something' extra that I fall in love with. But I guess it's a lot tougher in skates on ice than it is in a dance studio or on stage. Just my 2 cents lol.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Oh wow, really? I didn't get a chance to look at the other skaters' protocols. Wow the tech panel was really lenient here.
    Kexin Zhang lips too and didn't get called :/

mylastduchess
    well on the bright side Mao's 3LZ didn't get the wrong edge deduction, and her 2A3T was is not under rotated, shame on the salchow I think she needs to replace it with 3T.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    I loved Mao. Always and forever. So sweet and gorgeous. You can tell how much she loves skating, not for anyone else but herself. It's not a chore for her... And great skate by Caroline too! Landing all the jumps was huge, even if the speed and choreo went out the window. =P And Ashley skated very well but honestly not that different than what she did on the Grand Prix. Why the 30 point difference in scores? I'd be curious to see what kind of scores and PCS she gets in France next month. And what was that about the 3rd place spot on the podium during her interview?
    I think there is some reputation PCS as she is the national champion, but I would disagree that it wasn't better than what she did in the the Grand Prix. She attacked that program tonight. Her jumps were solid.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Even with 3 spots it wouldnt be easy though. If Ashley medals at Worlds it pretty much makes her a lock for next years team. Unless something happens to Gracie Gold she probably is as well. Then there is Czisny, Nagasu if she gets her act together, and Agnes.
    If I'm not wrong, Johnny medaled at Worlds one year, was our highest finisher & guaranteed us three men's spots for the next year & then was left off the team the next year. Nothing is guaranteed. :(

Custom Title
    Yeah, but the USFS dislikes Weir

Haha, now they're playing We Are The Champions!

Custom Title
    I'm in tears, this IS a historic moment in the history of American ladies figure skating, we almost swept the podium, the last time that happened was at 1991 Worlds in Munich with Kristi, Tonya, Nancy.

Finally, we're back on top, we've ended the drought here in Colorado Springs, USA, with Ashley & Caroline.

Laughing at Ashley, lol. What a goof. That'd make a good screencap.

Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    shame on the salchow I think she needs to replace it with 3T.
    I thought the same thing. She tends to double the salchow.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Good on Mao for putting the 3A back into her repertoire. I do share the concern among some other people that some of her jumps seem off. Her 3loop, even her 3flip. There just isn't as much pop to them. But Mao is hanging in there. She recovered from last year's disaster of a season to never finishing lower than 2nd in this one.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    All three of them seem so happy...seeing their smiles makes me feel like I can go to bed with a mind at peace now, haha

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    I thought the same thing. She tends to double the salchow.
    I think it's just that the salchow's a jump she's been working to improve - so she and her coach probably want to include it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Protocals are out.

Ashley — All postive GOE --she racked up 10 points in it! WOW. And she got all her levels.
    Mao — 3A was UR :(
    Caroline — All positive GOE for her too! And she got all level 4 spins! That was a goal for her.
    Kexin- finished 4th in the FS. Good job!
    Ashely should get 'e'
    Caroline's jumps did not deserve +goe except for loops. It's crazy to give her +goe on 2a.

Custom Title
    Mao's probably mentally kicking herself over her doubled salchow--with her slight lead after the SP, landing the planned triple should've been enough to give her the gold.

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast