Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

I don't think Mao's weight loss last year is attributable to an eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia. It was more likely due to lack of appetite caused by grief she felt for what was going on in her family. She's made incremental improvements in many areas of her skating and it will pay off in the end!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I don't think Mao's weight loss last year is attributable to an eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia. It was more likely due to lack of appetite caused by grief she felt for what was going on in her family.
    I think so too.

I sincerly wish Mao all the best at worlds, I will be rooting for her to snatch the title!

On the Ice
    I would like someone who challenges herself technically, like Ashley did 3f-3t in her sp, Mao, 3A, to win Worlds!!! Not, by mysterious PCS!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I don't think Mao's weight loss last year is attributable to an eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia. It was more likely due to lack of appetite caused by grief she felt for what was going on in her family. She's made incremental improvements in many areas of her skating and it will pay off in the end!
    I think you're right about the weight. We have to remember that her mother's death wasn't sudden. The poor woman was suffering from a longterm illness, and I know from experience that this can take a toll on one over time. Especially if her mother was getting obviously worse, there's an element of dread that one tries to keep at the back of one's mind so that it doesn't flood one's every thought. The last year of my Mom's life, almost everyone I met commented that my face looked too thin. And my mother was elderly. Imagine being nineteen or twenty and having one's mother that desperately ill.

I do hope that with this good outcome under her belt (a silver is pretty impressive, especially at high altitude), Mao can work on regaining her strength and smoothing out her problems. She's not exactly tumbling to the bottom of the ranks here. She's still one of the world's most accomplished skaters, and she's a splendid (and rare) combination of strength and beautiful artistry. She has the work ethic, the confidence, and the natural gifts. I'm rooting for her as well as for the American ladies!

What a great triumph for Ashley and Mr Nicks I'm so, so very happy for them.

Is it possible to watch the interview with Ashley somewhere?

Kudos also to Caroline!!!! and to Mao going for her 3-axel!!!

Congrats to all these three fighters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Wagner's PCS is a joke. How the hell can her pcs equal Mao's?
    Deja vu.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Skate Canada announced that LaCoste will go to Worlds.

There goes all my righteous fury.
    I know! Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Mao skated a very decent program and her high score reflects what she did on the ice.

No one was more shocked than me with Ashley's performance (loved it) cuz it was actually better than her Nationals performance.
    The night belonged to Ashley she out-skated her competition, that is sport plain and simple.

Tripping on the Podium
    Japan has no "politiks."

^ But in the long run, they have the power of the purse. They will do fine.

Custom Title
    Mao made some mistakes. Ashley skated a near-perfect program. That is why Ashley won. I am not a fan of Ashley, particularly, but she has great programs this year--credit Philip Mills and John Nicks. She also has the competitive fire that has been so lacking in US ladies since Michelle left the scene. The skater who should really be worried is Carolina Kostner. Ashley's long program is more demanding technically than Caro's, especially if she ups it to seven triples. But Ashley will have to repeat what she did here, at least, to make the podium at Worlds.

Custom Title
    Late to the party.....haven't watched a thing yet, but can't wait!!! So, congrats to the medalists! Special shout out to Ashley - she is on a mission this year and so nice to see her do well. Wow, that was a huge score! Mao is a very special skater and I do hope - from reading your comments - that she continues to get those jumps in order. Caroline, wow, what can I say??? This is so great for you!!!!

I am happy for Amelie and hope this whole thing can be used as a source of strength. Hope Cynthia continues to work with Orser and come back strong next year.

I can't believe how the world's ladies comp just get way, way more interesting. wow. can't wait!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    I sincerly wish Mao all the best at worlds, I will be rooting for her to snatch the title!
    Me too.

But wow, wow, wow! Congratulation to Wagner and Zhang!!! Never liked Wagner much but so impressed by her accomplishment at Nationals and 4CC!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Philip Mills has done some very good choreography over the years for a number of skaters that I liked. AFAIR, he did some programs for Navarro & Bommentre and Inoue & Baldwin and a lot of others that I do not remember.

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast