Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Custom Title
    Wagner got MUCH higher PCS at 4CC than she got at her GP events:

61.73 7.61 7.46 7.93 7.71 7.86 Wagner FS, 4CC
    55.32 7.04 6.61 7.04 7.00 6.89 Wagner FS, NHK
    55.48 7.04 6.32 7.32 6.82 7.18 Wagner FS, Skate Canada

I'm not sure she'll get scores as high at Worlds, even with a similar performance. And I doubt the tech team at Worlds will be as lenient as the 4CC team when it comes to edge calls.

I explained in this thread or another Wagner thread how her PCS could have gone up 6 points in three months:
    Mills changed some of the choreography
    Mills added more transitions

Wagner skated MUCH better - she was totally clean - and with more speed, control and COMMAND. She COMMANDED the ice and it increased her PCS scores. IF you watch her LP from NHK and her LP from 4CC, it was like watching two different skaters. Being National Champion agrees with Wagner's psyche and she's clearly settling in with John Nicks.

IF she skates at Worlds with similar speed, control, and COMMAND it will be hard to deny her similar scores. Even if she gets an "e" call on the Lz, and everything else is skated similarly (and we can assume she wants to get the 3T on the combo) she will put up a big TES score. As I stated, her GOEs weren't outrageous for what she did and how she did them. If she skates like that...

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    ^^You have to remember, coming into this season Ashley wasn't one of the well-known US ladies. She's been around for a while and medaled more than most, but she never had any kind of break-out appeal about her. She flew just under the radar and was always being overshadowed by Mirai, Rachael or Alissa.

You can see the difference the US title makes when you compare her 4CC scores to her GP events. On top of the fact that she was nearly flawless through both programs, she skated with a lot more confidence and attack at 4CC and the judges had to reward that. Having that title always gives you a slight edge, but it's up to the skater to capitalize on it. Ashley skated like a national champ and was rewarded the way a champion should be. I think this win will help her in Nice; if she can put together two skates there like she did here, I wouldn't be surprised if those scores were the same.

Tripping on the Podium
    I think Ashley's PCS were too low in her first GP. They actually jumped an average of ~.5 per category from the SP to the LP, which is unusual, then stayed there for the next event. So she's been on the rise AND her performances continue to improve.

I hope this sparks Alissa to skate even better, too.

Custom Title
    Ashley was just better than Mao. Mao's first flip was borderline too.

At Worlds we have easy&clean jumps/very high artistry (Kostner) against difficult&clean jumps/high artistry (Wagner) against very difficult& < jumps/very high artistry (Asada). Interesting.

Ashley won the free skate and some nice person sent me a video on You Tube!

It was at 3 AM in the morning? Yikes! No wonder I missed it!

That would be great if Ashley could win and get three spots for the U.S. at Worlds!
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 02-16-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: merging - please do not post back to back to back. use the edit feature when adding new thoughts and no one has posted since your last post. thanks.

Down With It
    Wagner's 4CC performance was encouraging but I'm still not ready to get my hopes up for 3 spots...already explained why in other threads.

Only hope: that this isn't her peak.

Even if Wagner skates to potential at worlds, there is still Czisny who has to remain competent in this field and rank in the top 6 or 7. Perhaps watching Wagner skate lights out at the 4CC might ignite something in her, who knows.

My hope is that Ashley's streak continues through worlds (and beyond) and that we at the very least keep our two spots...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Wagner got MUCH higher PCS at 4CC than she got at her GP events:

61.73 7.61 7.46 7.93 7.71 7.86 Wagner FS, 4CC
    55.32 7.04 6.61 7.04 7.00 6.89 Wagner FS, NHK
    55.48 7.04 6.32 7.32 6.82 7.18 Wagner FS, Skate Canada

I'm not sure she'll get scores as high at Worlds, even with a similar performance. And I doubt the tech team at Worlds will be as lenient as the 4CC team when it comes to edge calls.
    To be expected. There is a HUGE difference between being the new U.S Champion and the U.S #6, regardless how you skate. If she skates the same way at Worlds, her PCS will likely be the same or higher. She is no longer a third tier American.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48