LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 29 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm in tears, this IS a historic moment in the history of American ladies figure skating, we almost swept the podium, the last time that happened was at 1991 Worlds in Munich with Kristi, Tonya, Nancy. :cool: :love: :party2: :thumbsup:

Finally, we're back on top, we've ended the drought here in Colorado Springs, USA, with Ashley & Caroline. :bow:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Good on Mao for putting the 3A back into her repertoire. I do share the concern among some other people that some of her jumps seem off. Her 3loop, even her 3flip. There just isn't as much pop to them. But Mao is hanging in there. She recovered from last year's disaster of a season to never finishing lower than 2nd in this one.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
All three of them seem so happy...seeing their smiles makes me feel like I can go to bed with a mind at peace now, haha :)

skateflower

Match Penalty
Protocals are out.

Ashley — All postive GOE --she racked up 10 points in it! WOW. And she got all her levels.
Mao — 3A was UR :(
Caroline — All positive GOE for her too! And she got all level 4 spins! That was a goal for her. :)
Kexin- finished 4th in the FS. Good job!

Ashely should get 'e'
Caroline's jumps did not deserve +goe except for loops. It's crazy to give her +goe on 2a.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Mao's probably mentally kicking herself over her doubled salchow--with her slight lead after the SP, landing the planned triple should've been enough to give her the gold.

herro

On the Ice
It looks like some of Mao's other jumps (ie. flip) could have been UR'd by a stricter judge. Well, I'm sure she will work on it for worlds!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:eek:

late again, wow looks like Ashley really mean it, she wants toe be new US ladies skating star
unexpected and happy for Caroline

M

mylastduchess

I think it's just that the salchow's a jump she's been working to improve - so she and her coach probably want to include it.

yeah but its been 2 years and she only landed it cleanly once, I think she needs to put it in her ex. program instead and if it gets better then add it in later

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Ashley skated very well, but still I can't understand how she should has higher PCS than Mao. All she did was crossover and arm movement. I saw her skating live and she was slow. Mao is just so sweet but I can feel she is sad for the score. Any ways, glad for all the medalists, they all surpassed their recent past performance, and that's something really great to see.

herro

On the Ice
Regardless of the results, I'm so happy that the final group really brought out their A game. It was wonderful to see after a really long, and often tiring, ladies event.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I thought Mao's 3A was rotated but her 2A-3T was not. Oh well.. She does indeed need to replace the 3S with a 3T. Ashley and Caroline were both somewhat overscored here.. Ashley in PCS and Caroline in GOE.. I love Caroline but her 2A got mostly +1's and even a +2. Her lutz, which still has the mule kick, got +1's as well.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Ashley skated very well, but still I can't understand how she should has higher PCS than Mao. All she did was crossover and arm movement.

Ashley seems to have considerably improved her speed from nationals onward. And it is absolutely not true she only does crossovers and arm movement, she actually has a lot of moves in the field transitions.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Overall, better skating than I was expecting here. I'm glad to see Ashley doing so well...I really liked her programs from the beginning of the season but didn't expect her to be so successful.

And personally I found her quirky interview answers to be kind of charming.:cool: