LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 26 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mao just congratulated Ashley. "Very beautiful." How sweet! :)

ETA: Mao has my respect always. She's still an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL skater. And she's a great sport.

Last edited:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
:bow::bow:CONGRATULATIONS TO MISS ASHLEY WAGNER, 2012 US NATIONAL CHAMPION & 4CC CHAMPION!!!!:bow::bow:

It has been a loooooooong road, for both you & your fans, but we never gave up, I've been with you since I first saw you skate. And I've never waivered that YOU should have won 2008 Nationals. And now you have, as well as 4CC, in the style & conviction of a C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N!!!!! :rock:

She was royally robbed at Nationals 2008. I am shocked it never got more press than it did.

Krislite

Medalist
I can't believe...Ashley Wagner of all the US Ladies has the best chance at ending the US Worlds medal drought.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Think about this folks: prior to this and nationals, the last time Ashley Wagner won anything was in juniors, six years ago! The last time she won a competition, Saddam Hussein was still alive! And now, two in a row, and she beats someone who very likely could be the next world champion. The USFS might as well book that ticket for the third spot at Worlds next year, 'cause it's coming! Jinx! Jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx!

herro

On the Ice
Oh man, so many technical problems with this event! Can't believe they played Ashley's music when Kexin's scores were about to be displayed lol.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The Chinese girl has potential. You have to hand it to her for opening the program with a big, clean 3Toe-3Toe and then two big, correct-edge, clean 3Lutzes. She just got too scared and/or tired in the second half of the program, totally putting on the brakes going into that 3Flip attempt.

Also, LOL at the Black Swan music coming on accidentally right before her scores came up.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Can't wait to delve into the protocols for this last group.

Interesting to see Kexin beat Kanado in the free! (Though I've never been a fan of Kanako's techniks.)

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Ashley's program has many excellent details, just compare the two spiral sequences and see what the two are doing with their arms.

I was actually thinking of the spiral sequence specifically when writing this :) Mao spiral has such extension (and the look on her face!) that I don't think it needs to be accentuated with jerky arm movements. Of course, this isn't the only part...I just find Liebestraum to have more nuances.

But still Ashley was amazing!! No longer the "Almost Girl" in US skating! :cool:

ANW

On the Ice
Kexin has a lot of potential. She needs a little confidence on herself and a better program/packaging!

FTnoona

Final Flight
At least Mao got to attempt the 3A before worlds. Hoping to see her 3F-3L at worlds along with the 3A :D

Think about this folks: prior to this and nationals, the last time Ashley Wagner won anything was in juniors, six years ago! The last time she won a competition, Saddam Hussein was still alive! And now, two in a row, and she beats someone who very likely could be the next world champion. The USFS might as well book that ticket for the third spot at Worlds next year, 'cause it's coming! Jinx! Jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx!
You are wicked. And hilarious!

ks777

Record Breaker
Caroline medaled!! I think Mao is way too thin. She doesn't have the power she used to have. Very happy for Ashley and Caroline!!!