LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 28 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

whuzzup22

Spectator
Aren't medalists usually announced in reverse order? Interesting that they're being announced 1-2-3 here..

herro

On the Ice
Wait and Ashley's Lutz didn't get any edge calls whatsoever! Not sure if I agree with that actually.

Kissx3

Final Flight
The end of this season has been so crazy. Ashley has gone from "eh, she's okay" to the champion of a major international competition with a great shot at World gold. Caroline rose completely from the ashes of a burned out career to be an honest to God contender again, also medals at a major international event. Wow.

tulosai

Record Breaker
And a big :bow: :bow: :bow: to John Nicks. Whatever his magic stick is, it's worked with Ashley. (And similar to Kwan-Oppegard for Caroline).

I literally laughed out loud at this. This is very true too.

ETA: Sorry, not at this- AGREE on Nicks. I was lol at the person who talked about the interviewers skills- too tired to go back and find it but NO disrespect to Nicks. LOVE to nicks.

That was all.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I loved Mao. Always and forever. So sweet and gorgeous. You can tell how much she loves skating, not for anyone else but herself. It's not a chore for her... And great skate by Caroline too! Landing all the jumps was huge, even if the speed and choreo went out the window. =P And Ashley skated very well but honestly not that different than what she did on the Grand Prix. Why the 30 point difference in scores? I'd be curious to see what kind of scores and PCS she gets in France next month. And what was that about the 3rd place spot on the podium during her interview?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals are out.

Ashley — All postive GOE --she racked up 10 points in it! WOW. And she got all her levels.
Mao — 3A was UR :(
Caroline — All positive GOE for her too! And she got all level 4 spins! That was a goal for her. :)
Kexin- finished 4th in the FS. Good job!

artsciboy

On the Ice
Thank goodness the judges did the right thing and actually awarded Ashley Wagner the win here. I am the first to concede that I felt Ashley was refrigerator break material in the past, but her Black Swan program is made of gold The choreography, details and execution have gotten better and better each time out. I'm growing into a huge fan!

I get Mao is a great skater's skater - solid skating skills, but if the judges awarded her lethargic and error-filled performance here (albeit minor erros), I would have given up watching this event. I found her performance lacking tension. And truthfully, Mao's range as a skater is limited - she can stick to flowing, because her body type/limbs don't give her enough tension/precision to really pick up other styles.

Kudos to Caroline - slow as molasses, but clean as a whistle. Well-deserved brozne!

herro

On the Ice
I'm willing to give Ashley a break. I mean, she hasn't won anything in six years as SB mentioned! She is probably not accustomed to those type of interview. And if nothing else, she's probably still in a state of shock!

Yea that interviewer was a little douchey. Hopefully Ashley will continue to medal (and win!), and she'll learn how to deal with awkward questions.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yea that interviewer was a little douchey. Hopefully Ashley will continue to medal (and win!), and she'll learn how to deal with awkward questions.

Yes, that is the main thing- being able to just deal with awkward questions.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocols

Ashley: lots of positive GOEs. HUGE marks for her spiral sequence (those hand movements really do sell it).

Asada: Ur'ed 3A. Very little positive GOE for her jumps

Zhang: No under rotations. No edge calls.

Phaneuf: Lost on BV and PCS to LaCoste.

SGrand

Final Flight
Mao's spiral is very nice but I wish she (and Kanako) wouldn't drop their backs so far so that their legs could go higher...I think the upper body should be at least parallel, otherwise it looks like a kind-of Charlotte which isn't too attractive. Mao's spiral in 2006-2008 is her optimal spiral IMO.

I agree, and I also wish they'd have the girls learn to use their upper body to lower their leg so that it's in unison and their body lines aren't broken, just looks so much nicer (and stronger). To me this just gives a skater that 'something' extra that I fall in love with. But I guess it's a lot tougher in skates on ice than it is in a dance studio or on stage. Just my 2 cents lol.

M

mylastduchess

well on the bright side Mao's 3LZ didn't get the wrong edge deduction, and her 2A3T was is not under rotated, shame on the salchow I think she needs to replace it with 3T.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I loved Mao. Always and forever. So sweet and gorgeous. You can tell how much she loves skating, not for anyone else but herself. It's not a chore for her... And great skate by Caroline too! Landing all the jumps was huge, even if the speed and choreo went out the window. =P And Ashley skated very well but honestly not that different than what she did on the Grand Prix. Why the 30 point difference in scores? I'd be curious to see what kind of scores and PCS she gets in France next month. And what was that about the 3rd place spot on the podium during her interview?

I think there is some reputation PCS as she is the national champion, but I would disagree that it wasn't better than what she did in the the Grand Prix. She attacked that program tonight. Her jumps were solid.

jazzee4

Rinkside
Even with 3 spots it wouldnt be easy though. If Ashley medals at Worlds it pretty much makes her a lock for next years team. Unless something happens to Gracie Gold she probably is as well. Then there is Czisny, Nagasu if she gets her act together, and Agnes.

If I'm not wrong, Johnny medaled at Worlds one year, was our highest finisher & guaranteed us three men's spots for the next year & then was left off the team the next year. Nothing is guaranteed. :(