LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 9 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
Is anyone else having problems with their Ice Network feed? Mine is repeatedly freezing. I know it is not a problem with my internet connection, because I can download Youtube vids without a problem.

Me too, so glad I paid the extra money.........not!

Nadine

Record Breaker
What the heck happened?!? :confused2: My IN froze on me 1/3 of the way through. :(

EDITED TO ADD: :love::points:GOOOOOOOOOOOO CYNTHIA!!!!!:points::thumbsup:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I didn't realize how good a spinner Phaneuf was. Not Czisny level or anything, but quite lovely.

Not a great skate, though.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Me too, so glad I paid the extra money.........not!
Shoulda got UniSport's online coverage. My feed has been great, except for a little blip during ice dancing. I like that I can rewind the stream at any point I want, so I can rewatch routines I missed or whatever during ice resurfacing. Never miss a moment! ;)

She does have a great camel position, I'll give her that.

This dress is so unbecoming compared to the one she wore yesterday. She looks like a wedding cake.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Popping jumps and staying up, hmmm, good with fans but not with COP. But she never gave up the performance.

Oh wow ok! My knowledge of past skaters is quite poor. I need to look up some of these veteran skaters. Thanks! :)

Yuka happens to be one of my favorites, both as a skater and as a coach.

It's fun researching the veteran skaters. You'll find some who really amaze you. We're so lucky nowadays: YouTube is like a time machine. We can even see skaters from the sixties and earlier. Some of the earlier skaters make you realize how far the sport has progressed. But others are awesome to watch even today. Have you ever seen John Curry's 1976 Olympic long program, for example, or the early achievements of Gordeyeva and Grinkov? A vast treasure house of skating enjoyment awaits you!

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Ok, so here's a question I have as a relatively uninformed fan. Is it worse to fall on a jump, or to pop it? I thought it might be worse to fall since you can redo a popped jump, right? But then you have to fit it into your program somewhere which can be very stressful. Or am I wrong and you can't do that? Or is the points you lose by popping worse than falling. Help!

LisaS

On the Ice
She did land 4 triples, the same amount Amelie landed at Canadians. Also, her program is better and should be Lacoste on PCS.

Nadine

Record Breaker
She's exqusite, and "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" is perfect for her, and her MONSTER jumps looked awesome on replay! :rock: :rock: :love: :love:

TAKE THAT LACOSTE!!!!